5:09| Roast Beast

(A/N Everything in italics is German! Just a head up because I don't feel like translating)

The morning of the first day of break was very hectic. Clothes all over the dorm,  remembering things last minute, and lots of coffee summed up the first four hours of Nico's morning.

Somehow someway, Nico and Marlene were ready for the train ride back home. Marlene would be staying with her family, but she planned on visiting the Sinclairs on both Christmas day and New Year's.

Nico, contrary to popular belief, was ready to see his family. His little sister admired her brother and loved to bother him, his father who spoke with a thick German accent but was a teddy bear, and his mother who supported him through everything. He was ready.

He was also in need of time away from James "the most oblivious little shit in Hogwarts history" Potter which would be granted in the two weeks for Christmas break.

Sometimes, even Nico himself was confused about why he had such strong feelings for the boy. James was loud, disruptive, a tad arrogant, and spacy. Not to mention he had no idea when someone liked him. For some reason, the pretty idiot was completely unaware of Nico's feelings for him.

This bothered Nico beyond belief.

But despite all his faults, Nico couldn't help but be completely infatuated with him.

"Oi! Pinhead! Move!"

Marlene smacked him with her free hand.

"I'm moving, you impatient bitch!" he yelled back.

When the two were in a compartment, they let out Cheddar and Duck out of their baskets and the two cats immediately cuddled with their respective owner. Marlene and Nico had an unspoken rule to not talk at 6 in the morning. This rule was sent in place in their first year when they soon realized the other was not a morning person.

It was one of their bonding moments.

However, the infamous Marauders weren't aware of this. Especially when James Potter, in all his glory, opened up their compartment door with enthusiasm and shouted, "there you are! We've been looking ages for you!"

"Shut the fuck up," the two Ravenclaws mumbled in unison.

This did nothing.

"Blimey, you two are worse than Moony," James merely said while strutting in the compartment and began petting Cheddar.

Cheddar may love Nico, but he loves James more. What a traitor.

The brown, fluffy cat, without hesitation, abandoned Nico and yowled at James until he was given attention by the boy. And James was happy to pick up the cat and give him endless praise. While Nico always loudly said how he hated it, it definitely did something to him. The sight of James Potter holding and loving his cat makes him want to die of pure adoration.