Liyue Madness

**WARNING*** Slight spoilers for those of you who haven't played through the first Liyue Archon quest and for those of you who haven't seen the cooking event with Xiangling. I tried to refrain from a huge spoiler from the cooking event even though I really wanted to incorporate it. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

"Thank you for staying with us. Please come again!" Politely bowing to the leaving patrons, you smile as you watched the sun slowly sink into the horizon. You took a breath of the Liyue air as you turned back to the Inn to finish up your duties.

"(Y/N), you've been working hard these past few days." Verr smiled gently at you as she held a leather pouch.

"It's nothing. I didn't want to just freeload here without anything to do. In fact, a lot of the patrons are very understanding and they tell me things about Liyue." You laughed at your comment as you started to fold the clean sheets.

"I see. Then maybe it's time for you to see the sights yourself. Here, your earn." The coins clinked with each other as the lady held out the pouch to you.

"Oh, but there's still so much to do. Especially since the weekend is coming up." Tucking the folded sheets into a basket, you smile awkwardly at Verr. Still, the lady had patiently held out her arm. Feeling defeated, you take the pouch from her. "Then I'll have to thank you for this opportunity." Bowing to her, you head up to your room having finished the rest of your tasks.

Even if you tried to refuse the mora, you were very excited to see Liyue. Opening your closet, you realized there wasn't much you could wear to such a fancy city. You remember that Xiao had offered to take you to the harbour. Closing your closet softly, you crept up to the roof. The moonlight lit the landscapes as the trees danced with the wind.

"Ahem, Xiao?" You felt foolish calling out someone's name to the wind. Even so, you felt his presence not a moment later. The expression on his face was unreadable. Was it subtle happiness? Sadness? Guilt? You shook it off and turned to him with a smile. "You said you'd take me to Liyue Harbour. Let's go tomorrow."

"Okay." It was all the boy said before he had stood there and stared at you. Uncomfortable with the silence, you had bowed and was about to head down to your room when a hand had caught you. "Er... sorry."

There was a tinge of heartache when the boy had looked away. You didn't know why you felt like this, but you decided to ignore the feeling. Smiling at him one last time, you headed for bed.

. . .

Bouncing on your toes, you wait for Xiao at the bottom of the stairs of Wangshu Inn. You chose to wear a light (F/C) hanfu Verr had lent you on your first day here. You had gotten up extra early to fix your hair and your overall appearance. It was around when the sun had fully come up, that you realized you hadn't told Xiao when you wanted to meet. Feeling defeated, you huff out a sigh as you call his name.

"Xiao! Xiao!"

"Okay okay, no need to call my name so many times. I heard you the first time." There was a light blush on the boy's face as he looked towards his feet. There was something different about him today. His clothes had changed from his usual attire. Sure, it was around the same colours, but this somehow made the guy seem more approachable.

"...Is it weird?" Realizing you had been staring slack-jawed at the boy, you close your mouth and turn back to the road ahead of you.

"N-not at all." What was wrong with you? Your heart was racing seeing Xiao in another outfit. "We should g-get going now!" Flustered, you started to make your way to the stone bridge.

"Where are you going?" There was a low laugh before you felt an arm lace around your waist. You let out a yelp when you were briefly surrounded back darkness until the bustling wharf of Liyue came into view. "I did say it would take days to get to the harbour." There was a faint smile on Xiao's face before you had frowned at him and put your hands on your hips.