Farewell

It had been a few weeks since the incident in the kitchen and it seems that Yingmao had left the Inn for his hometown. You had planned on apologizing for your rudeness, but Verr told you he had left the following morning. Letting it go, you spend the rest of your time just chilling with Xiao or hanging out with your friends in Liyue. Today, you got ready to go and see a concert with Hu Tao. Verr had already dismissed you from your duties when Xiao had explained your situation to her. It was weird that the two of you knew it was almost time to go.

"(Y/N)! Over here!" Hu Tao giggled as she waved to you by the entrance of the Harbour. It seemed that Tartaglia and Zhongli weren't present. Instead, Xiangling was waiting for you. You had met Xiangling when you dined at her father's restaurant and have regularly hung out with her these past few days.

"Hello everyone!" You smiled as you approached them. "Where are we headed?"

"Lady Ningguang and Beidou couldn't make it, but they did give us a pretty sweet spot. C'mon." You knew Xiangling was close with the two, but you didn't expect such a big favour from the Tianquan. The three of you arrived at a teahouse packed with guests of all ages and sizes. After being seated in a relatively perfect spot, a waitress comes by to place tea cups and a teapot on your table. You smile as Hu Tao pours everyone a cup.

"This is a toast to our friendship!" Clinking your cup, the three of you giggled as Hu Tao downed her small cup. "This is one to (Y/N)'s farewell... a parting we will never forget."

The brunette seemed teary-eyed at the remark, but it was sweet nonetheless. It wasn't long before the lights dimmed to a spotlight on the stage. Guests quiet down as a young woman entered the stage with lavish makeup donning her face.

"That's Yunjin. She's a really famous opera singer." Xiangling whispered excitedly to you as the performer's movements mesmerized you. Her dance was beautifully crafted as the building erupted in applause after her performance. Not too long after the girl had exited the stage, colourful lights decorated the area as fireworks shot from the platform. A tanned girl with an interesting guitar runs on stage and shakes the whole crowd with her music. Her first strum was so powerful, you could feel the building shake. This performance lasted quite a while before it eventually came to a close. The three of you continued to watch the rest of the performers until the Emcee announced it was time for the next set of customers to enter.

"Let's go visit my friend backstage." Without any more explanation, Xiangling drags the two of you backstage to the girl with the beautiful guitar. "Xinyan! Hi!"

The chef and the guitarist squeaked at each other as they embraced.

"Xiangling! I haven't seen you in a while, how have you been?" Xinyan's smile was contagious as she beamed at her friend.

"I've been well, traveling with Guoba is a lot of fun. Oh, these are my friends, (Y/N) and Hu Tao. It's actually (Y/N)'s last time in the Harbour." Saying out loud, Xiangling's face darkens and you can see a small frown with watery eyes.

"Wow, what an honour to have you watch my show on your last day here. I'm Xinyan." Giving your hand a shake, the musician's smile grows wider. "You're the Funeral Parlour Director. I'm going to have to promise I won't need a discount on my coffin."

"I've promised (Y/N) I won't be doing business in front of her. So we can discuss this later." Hu Tao gives the girl a playful wink as Xiangling finally laughs.

"Anyways, we were going to spend the day with (Y/N), you should come with us." The chef seemed to brighten up a little more as she pictured spending the whole day with you.

"Are you sure? I haven't known (Y/N) for long... I don't want to be intruding..."

"The more the merrier." I smiled at the girl as Hu Tao nodded in agreement. Xinyan seemed hesitant at first, but when we didn't waver with our choice, she sighed in defeat.