Heading Home

It had been a few days since your snow day in Dragonspine. You and Xiao had ended up being alone for quite a while before the rest of the group had shown up. Kaeya chilled off the flirtatious manner and Xiao soon warmed up to the men who drank with you. Albedo joined a little later with Sucrose in tow. Your small outing resulted in bringing quite a few Knights of Favonius out. The day ended with a trip to Angel's Share where everyone was given a free hot drink.

However, like all good things, your adventures in the City of Freedom must end as well. You and Xiao were packing your things from your hotel room when you heard a soft knock on the door.

"I'll get it." Smiling at the Yaksha, you opened the door to find Kaeya and Lumine. "Hey."

"Got everything ready to go?" Kaeya's grin never leaves his face as he leans on the doorframe.

"Just about. Thanks again for letting us take a carriage." Just as you thank the man, Xiao appears behind you with a bag of your clothes.

"No worries, it was fun having you around." Closing the door to the room, Kaeya gives Xiao a nod. "You take care of her."

"Goes without saying." The boy scoffs as Xiao heads down the stairs.

. . .

"Good luck on your travels wherever they lead you! Maybe we'll meet again!" You wave to Venti as he calls out to you from outside the carriage you were sitting in. It wasn't anything super fancy, but Diluc offered to get you a ride back to Wangshu Inn considering he was "already sending one of his men to the Harbour to conduct business".

"This is from Diluc since you liked it so much on your first day here." Paimon handed you a large, glass bottle. The label had your name on it in beautiful cursive. The concoction was something you and Diluc had mixed together and it ended up pleasing the whole tavern that night. "We'll see you around, (Y/N)!"

As the horses pulled away from the city gates, you waved back as you watched everyone get smaller and smaller.

"This small vacation was fun wasn't it, Xiao?" You smiled brilliantly at the boy as a small blush ensued on his face.

"S-sure." His golden irises kept on the road out the window. Everything seemed calm and happy as the road bumped beneath you. However, it suddenly occurred to you that Xiao has never had to travel like this before.

"Xiao...are you okay?" Giving him a concerned look, you take one of his hands into yours.

"I'm fine... I'm just not used to this much turbulence in my travels." Just as he finished that sentence, the carriage bumped and you lost your balance.

"Ah!" Closing your eyes for the anticipated impact, you didn't feel much except falling on something warm and soft. Slowly, you opened your eyes to see you had fallen into Xiao's arms as you were mesmerized by his shining yellow optics. His reddening face wasn't going unnoticed as you quickly planted a playful kiss on his lips.

"Thanks for everything, Xiao." You smile at him as you readjust yourself and enjoy the rest of the ride.

Hello everyone! Super short chapter, but I planned on posting two today, so here's a short transition :)