Four.

》* 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ * 。° 。 • ˚《
𝐏𝐀𝐏𝐄𝐑 𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐒
CHAPTER FOUR----▹

》* 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ * 。° 。 • ˚《𝐏𝐀𝐏𝐄𝐑 𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐒CHAPTER FOUR----▹

❝I tried to scream, but my head was underwater. They called me weak.❞
-Everything I Wanted; Billie Eilish

February 2006

May sat there for a while after Adelaide had cried herself to sleep leaning against her. She was still processing everything that the blonde girl had told her, May was glad that Addy had come to her. Glad that she opened up.

May gently moved Addy's head onto a pillow, and carefully draped a blanket over her, smiling softly. Adelaide was safe, and that's all that mattered at the moment. She crept out of the room silently, slipping back into her room. 

"Is everything ok?" May wasn't startled by Andrew's voice, she figured he would be waiting for her, "Yeah," she breathed, "I think she'll be ok." May paused looking down, "She's been through so much, she's not even twenty-one"

"Also, tomorrow, there will be no psychiatrist analysis going on. Got it? She did not do well with the required therapy sessions at all, and she just opened up I don't need her to close herself off again." she lectured pointing at him, "I didn't even say anything." he defended, "I can see you thinking." she spoke with her eyes narrowed.

Adelaide woke up to a thin streak of morning sunlight pouring into the room from the window, her throat was dry from all of the crying she did the previous night, she felt exposed all of the sudden. The blonde had never let anyone see that part of herself, not fully anyway. She sat up slowly pulling her knees to her chest, letting out a small yawn, May entered the room, two mugs of tea in hand. 

Addy gratefully accepted the mug offering May a small weak smile in gratitude, "How are you feeling?" May asked softly the young agent shrugged. "I'm glad I told you," she whispered, "I'm glad you told me to, Addy." 

Her phone buzzed against the coffee table and she leaned over to pick it up, "Hello?" she answered her voice slightly raspy, "Hey, I just wanted to update you that Cooper is ok." Clint's voice came through the phone, "That's good, yeah, very good." she spoke before taking another sip of her tea, "Please tell me you actually left that damn town." he spoke, "Yes Barton, I did, not nearly fast enough that's for sure. I don't think I'll ever emotionally recover from that trip." she said into the phone causing May to shoot a look her way, "Relax May, it was a joke."

"Anyways back to you, you refuse to take any care of yourself when you're stressed. Have you drank any water today?" Addy asked immediately going into her taking care of everyone else mode, "Yes Laurie, I have drunk some WaAaTeRR." he spoke imitating her accent, "You know I fucking hate you, right?"