Nine.

June 2007

"Holy shit!" May's head snaps in the direction of Adelaide's exclamation, startled by the sudden breach of silence.

"What's wrong?" May asked looking at the blonde in worry, "Did she finally realize she has feelings for Hill?" Barton quipped from his spot across from the blonde, where he was reading over one of the files that Addy had forced upon him.

Addy shot the rubber band from one of the files at him, successfully smacking his face, "I do not have feelings for Hill!"

"For one, ouch. For two, Yes you do." Clint rubbed his hand against his cheek where the rubber band had hit him. "You're like the only person Hill isn't super cold around, I have never seen her off focus unless you were in the room." he added, "That proves absolutely nothing...now back to what I was saying," there was a slight bounce in Addy's step as she moved to sit by Clint, "What do you see?" she asked handing him the paper, a mysterious tone in her voice.

"Um, I see a document? One of the many we've spent the past month and a half staring at." Addy rolled her eyes with an exasperated sigh, "No, I just found are way in to a super secret agency, and our key to saving the redhead."

"....What?"

---

"Absolutely not." May stated not even looking up at the blonde, "May."

"No. You are not just throwing yourself into this. This is an extremely dangerous Russian organization we're talking about."

"Barton, tell her." Addy hugged her arms to her chest, "No can do Laurie, May is a scary individual."

"And you are no help." The blonde groaned, "May, be honest with me here, if I was any other agent would you let me do this?"

"You aren't any other agent, Adelaide." May sighed, "And you aren't ready for something like this."

"Why? Why am I not ready?" She exclaimed, and Clint had quickly escaped out of the room not wanting to be drug in the middle of it.

"You could die. Are you ready for something like that?"

"Are you?" Addy asked, searching May's face for answers.

There was a long silent pause, "I know no matter how many times I tell you 'no' you'll end up going anyway...so go for it. Just do me a favor and don't do something stupid to get yourself killed."

June 12, 2007

Clint and Adelaide were almost completely ready to go, they had planned this out as a most likely long term mission. Coulson and Agent Hill showed up just before the pair was ready to leave.

"Hey," Maria smiled, "Hi, what are you doing here?"

"I just came to say goodbye, since this mission is kind of indefinite." Adelaide pressed her lips together, "oh yeah..." the blonde glanced over briefly seeing Barton and Coulson deep in some conversation.

"I'm gonna miss, our ungodly hour training." Adelaide smiled, "Me too, Laurie." Maria laughed,

There were a lot of unspoken words, that Maria was concerned she would never get the chance to say. So she settled for a small kiss against Adelaide's cheek.

A rose colored blush found the blonde's face as she looked into Maria's blue eyes. "Laurie, you ready to go?"

She tore her eyes from Maria, "Yeah," she walked over to Coulson, "Where's May?"

"I haven't seen her," he shrugged, "Oh," she said softly, "Well, tell her I said goodbye," May hadn't said much to Addy since their conversation about this mission, Adelaide understood why but that didn't stop it from hurting a bit.

"I think maybe you should tell her yourself." Coulson suggested, "I don't really think she wants to speak with me right now."

"Trust me Laurence it's better to say goodbye then regret it." Clint quipped, "Don't worry, I won't leave without you."

"Ok, ok." Maria walked up by her side, "I'll walk with you," she volunteered.

The walk was nearly silent, Maria and Adelaide's hands brushing against one another every so often. The blonde sucked in a breath spotting May, "Well, I guess this is goodbye...for now anyway."

"Goodbye Agent Laurence," Maria gave a gentle squeeze to Adelaide's hand, "See you later Agent Hill."

"May?"

"What are you doing here, Laurence? I assumed you already left." May stated, "Look, I know you're mad at me...and I don't blame you, I would be mad at me too, but you have to understand this is something I have to do. And I just wanted to say goodbye before I leave."

"Are you really not going to say anything? Look May, I could apologize but what difference would that make? I don't want to argue with you."

"I'm worried about you Adelaide. Be careful, ok?  Don't get yourself killed remember your training...and for what it's worth, I'm sorry Addy."

"Me too."

And without another word, Agent Adelaide Delilah Laurence was off.

AUTHORS NOTE:
...Hiiiii
-VIA <3