Seven.

》* 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ * 。° 。 • ˚《
𝐏𝐀𝐏𝐄𝐑 𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐒
CHAPTER SEVEN----▹

❝I've been ghosting, I've been ghosting along.❞
-Ghosting; Mother Mother

❞-Ghosting; Mother Mother

April 2007

Even after being forced to deal with a very drunk Clint Barton, Adelaide still found herself with a small smile on her face as she entered the training room bright and early the next morning. "You're awfully smiley this morning...you hate morning training-" May eyed Addy suspiciously, "What? No, I'm not-"

May raised an eyebrow at the blonde, "Ok, fine I met this girl, do you know anyone by the name of Maria in the new recruits? I didn't recognize her, so I assumed she's new." Adelaide explained, 

"Ah, Maria Hill, I've met her once, seems like she'll be a good agent," May responded, "Why this newfound interest hmm?" 

"I don't know," Addy shrugged, a smile tugging at her lips.

"You don't know?" May looked at the blonde skeptically, "You're lying." 

"What? I wasn't-"  she defended weakly, "Adelaide. You did that thing. You know where you scrunch your nose a little bit. It's your tell." May pointed out, with a small teasing smirk, Addy frowned, "What? I do not have a tell, I am a trained agent, who absolutely does not have a tell." she claimed.

"Addy, this is how I always beat you at board games, You have a tell." Barton chimed in, Addy turned to look at him, "Says the one dealing with a killer hangover right now." Clint flipped her off from the other side of the room. "Ok, Laurence, let's go," May motioned for the blonde to follow her.

"Go, where?" Addy asked unmoving, "Running." Addy groaned at the answer, "Whyyy," she whined, "Because." Adelaide didn't fight May on it any further, she just begrudgingly ran by the other woman's side. Sometimes she enjoys running but today just wasn't one of those days. 

"You know," Addy started, slightly out of breath, "In all my years of gymnastics and cheer, I never ran as much as I do here." the corners of May's lips turned up slightly, "Running is kind of fundamental as a field agent," the woman shrugged. "Well, that most definitely should not be a thing. You are ruining running for me." Addy stated a hint of joking in her tone.

"Addy, when have you ever enjoyed running?" May asked skeptically, "I used to run up and down the roads, where I grew up. I would wake up from a nightmare in the middle of the night, or my mind wouldn't quiet, so I would run. Helped me clear my head." Addy spoke, soon realizing how much saying this would shift the whole mood of the conversation.

May wished she could've always been there for Adelaide and she hoped she could be there for the blonde whenever she may need her. "Addy..." the younger woman shook her head, "No it's fine," she spoke before pushing into a faster run, moving up past May slightly.