Bittersweet. Like Honey and Whiskey on your tongue.

Pairing: Cyclonus x Reader

Reader type: Gender Neutral human

Song: Better half of me- Tom Walker

Warnings: N/A

AN: My dude when I tell you I instantly got ideas when I saw this lol. I've never written for Cyclonus before, so we'll see how this goes! And I'm glad that you enjoy the way I write! Thank you for the compliment! And i'm sorry for the short length but I hope you enjoy this! I'm doing ok! Just been really into Halo lately lol.

It warms his chest every time he lays his optics on you. The sole human abord the Lost Light. That smile. Oh Primus your smile. The one you only seemed to reserve for him. So sweet it looks upon your face. The way it brings light into your eyes and warmth to your face. Cyclonus could get lost in that look.

He often wonders why its him you keep coming back to. Despite everyone abord this ship being better suited to your needs and wants.

Rung could keep you happy. He could dispel your worries and fears. Ratchet could keep you healthy and glowing. To help you keep that strength you carry so well. Perhaps even Rodimus. The ever-energetic captain. He could show you the universe with this ship. Carry you to the stars. Even Drift would be better than him. You would never want for anything. Never need to worry about having enough to buy what you need.

Yet you come back to him.

The mech who helped bring wrought and ruin to your homeworld. The mech who fought for a Cybertron never to be brought forth.

A mech so ancient that even the elders abord this ship wondered when he'd fall.

All he would be able to give you is stories of a golden age doomed to fail.

It didn't stop the yearning building deep within his spark. In his very soul. It called out for you. Sang when you came near. It cried out every night you were not with him. By his side.

He loved you. Primus he loved you. Every inch of who you could be. Of whom you were. Your soft hands on his. Warmth flooding his systems of such a small touch. Of your voice singing in his audio receptors long after you have left.

He wondered if you would have him. His gaze upon you as the two of you sat in Swerve's bar for yet another movie night. This time of prewar cybertonian holo-vids.

Some fanciful love story of star-crossed lovers.

He grazed a sharpened digit across your shoulders. Primus you were so small next to him. Tucked up against his hip. Your head pressed against his waist. Bundled up in an impossible number of blankets.

You look up at him. Eyes soft as you smile. "The movie is good. Ya? I just wish they had thought to put subtitles or something. I'm a bit lost." You laugh as you say this. Looking back at the holo-vid. Cyclonus found himself smiling. o

"The movie is good. Ya? I just wish they had thought to put subtitles or something. I'm a bit lost." You laugh as you say this. Looking back at the holo-vid. Cyclonus found himself smiling.

"You are not missing much, Little One. It's the same story, just told through different optics." You look back at him a little confused.

"What do you mean by that?" He ran a digit over your hair. So soft. So smooth.

"It's a love story, y/n. Lovers on opposite sides of a war between families. " Your face grows warm and you laugh.

"Huh. Kinda sounds like Romeo and Juliet." And with that you back to watching the holo-vid. Face less scrunched as you understand more and more despite the language barrier.

Cyclonus was entranced by you. Utterly swept away by who you were. He wishes he could tell you. Let you know how he truly feels beyond just friendship.

Instead "I love you" Sticks within his throat. The words bittersweet on his tongue. Like whiskey and honey.