Veni, vidi, cecidi ad vos

Pairing: Ravage x Reader

Reader type: Gender Neutral human

Song: Light My Love- Greta Van Fleet

Warnings: none lol

An: Had a thought. Wrote for Ravage. This came out. Let me know what you think!

There is not a whole lot of bots Ravage cared about. He could, as the saying goes, count on one hand the amount of bots he allowed into his life. Soundwave chief among them. So it was quite world turning when you came into his life. Or rather, the Lost Lights.

He didn't think much of you a first. Just another organic that he could lump in with the rest.

Absolutely average in everything you did.

At least. That's what he thought. His opinion began to sway and change the more he watched you interact with the other bots aboard the ship.

He expected you to be like the last liaison they had. Only talking with those you had to. Being rude and irritable to the others who tries to be their friend. To learn more about humans.

So when that grudge carried over he expected you so bend and break over the hostility the bots had to offer. And instead you surprised him by rising up. To showing the better side of humanity to them. To not standing for the way they had treated you in the beginning.

He began caring for you more deeply than he meant to. It began with your first meeting. Megatron introducing the two of you. You had looked so small in his large servo. Both of your legs together barely averaging the size of one digit.

He felt a spark of protectiveness shoot through him when you came to great him. He was taller than you. Your little furry head reaching just below his chin.

And you.

You treated him as an equal. As being with sentience and thought. Not like an animal. And with such soft kindness he had yet to see from your kind or his.

It grew further when you stood up to a stubborn bot who wouldn't take a hint. Asking him all sorts of questions that, if he were still with the Deceptions, he would have torn their neck cabling without a second thought. Yet here you were. Hands on hips. Face flushed with anger. Voice high and steady as you told the mech off.

"How dare you make insinuations of any kind about Ravage! He is more than just an animal you absolute ass of a mech! Would you care to be called brutish and animalistic without thought or reason! How about I take that high and mighty head of yours as shove it up you-" Ravage had quickly cut you off. Gathering you up by the fabric of your shirt and carrying you not to unlike the kittens on earth.

"You don't need to do that for me." He told you when he had reached your habsuit. "I could handle it myself." You shook your head. Face still flushed. Whether it was from anger yet to leave or you were embarrassed to be carried like that he didn't know.

"Ravage you shouldn't have to. There are people who care about you. Megatron." You had hesitated. "I care." Your fingers bunched up the hem of your shirt. "I care about you quite a bit."

He stared at you. Didn't speak as he mulled over your words. Perhaps a bit to long as he watched your face fall. Cheeks flush. You hands shake.

"Out of all the mechs and femmes. All the species I have met in my lifetime. You. You didn't treat me like I was an animal. Why?" Your face scrunched. He always that it sweet that. That little look on your face when you were confused or thinking.

"I. What? Ravage. Why would I treat you any differently?" You places your servo on the side of his muzzle. Your warmth seeped into him. "You speak like me. You think. You feel. I've seen you grieve and be homesick for Soundwave. Ravage you have kept me safe and made me happy. Why would I treat you like you were some. Some."

"Animal?" He finished. His nosed at the top of your head. Breathing I the scent of the soaps you used. Sweet and fruity. "Because I am. In body. In instinct." You laughed and he pulled back.

"Technically speaking. So am I." Slowly. Carefully you placed a kiss on the tip of his nose. Standing on tip toe to reach him.

"I came here. I saw all of them. And I fell for you, Ravage. Only you." His spark thundered at that confession.

He wrapped himself around you.

"Maybe I have to." He couldn't admit it. No yet. It would make it to real. To tangible. To easy to touch and break. Let him feel for a while.

He thought you look satisfied with that answer. Choosing to curl up with him on the carpet of your habsuit. Pulling a heavy blanket over the two of you.

Let him pretend. Let him pretend that in this moment there is no chance of loosing you. Of him being. Him.