Charles Blackwood

Nightmares of the past

Warnings: Nothing really beside maybe something that might trigger, hyperventilating and some swearing, very vague mentions of death, fluff and crying.

NOTES: Charles has a slightly mean demeanour in the movie but I've plucked the kind scenes from it for this one.

***
Your legs shook as you witnessed what just happened, right in front of your eyes, your gaze shifted to the now dead people laying on the ground of your bland kitchen, your parents. A sob left your lips, breaking down on your knees as you screamed and cried, placing on last kiss on both of your parents head before the police gently plucked you away taking you and placing you on the hood of the police car, whilst a young women did her best in order to comfort you.

You knew that there would never be anything that could fix this moment, the moment that would haunt your dreams for the next ten to fifteen years, in which it did...

You jolted awake from the haunting memories your breathing laboured and uneven as you ran your shaky fingers through your hair, you must've woken up Charles unintentionally because the next thing you know his arms were wrapped around you, engulfing you in a warm hug while you replayed what just happened, tears brimming your eyes, the memories that hadn't come back to your head for the last three months had suddenly re-appeared out of the blue?

You couldn't handle it, your body curled into Charles arms, letting out a small sob at the having to relive that memory, once again. Your breathing was trying calm down, nerves slowly getting less rattled as you relaxed in his embrace. Honestly Charles made it seem so easy to calm a person down, he had a hard exterior but for you he'd never hurt you, mentally or physically.

"That's my girl, there you go, now, is everything okay baby?" Charles cooed softly, his voice sounding so smooth that it helped you find your own. Offering him a polite smile before you spoke.

"Y-yea, I think so, it was just the nightmares paying me a visit as they always do." An awkward chuckle left your lips, looking at the man who was giving you a soft smile, pecking your cheek gently before he nodded, laying down once again and opening his arms for you, you crawled in greedily, nuzzling into his naked chest and relishing the feeling of skin-on-skin contact. Knowing full well that he would always be here for you, just as you would for him.

***
WORD COUNT: 431