7

Harry woke up in excruciating pain early in the morning on the 28th of November. It took them a second to realize that he was in labor since it was a couple of weeks left of his pregnancy. Louis called an ambulance and they rushed him to the nearest hospital for an emergency C-section. They were taken to the VIP section of the hospital and Harry was rolled into surgery immediately. Louis wasn't allowed in there and had to wait outside. He was frantic. He had never seen Harry in that much pain before. This wasn't how it was supposed to happen. They had planned a C-section three weeks from now.

He called Liam to inform him that they were in the hospital and then he just waited, pacing back and forth, heart beating fast. He was so scared. What if something happened to Harry? What if he didn't make it?

Liam and Niall came rushing into the VIP section.
"Where is he? Is he okay?" Liam asked.

"He's still in surgery." Louis informed them and then he fell apart completely, crying so hard he couldn't breathe. Niall hugged him and he clung to him.

He managed to pull it together.
"I should call our mums."

"I have already done that. They're on the first flight over." Liam said.

"Thanks, Liam. You're the best. Wait, are you drunk?" Louis asked, eyeing him.

Liam's cheeks turned red but he just shrugged his shoulders.
"Oh Liam, I've been too caught up in my own life but we're worried about you. I should have talked to you about it months ago. I'm sorry." Louis said and put an arm around Liam's shoulders.

"I'm fine." Liam muttered.

"You're not. I'm also worried about you." Niall said.

Maybe it wasn't exactly the right time for an intervention but when they had started it, they made sure to finish it, telling Liam how much they loved him. He got teary-eyed and agreed to check himself into rehab when they went on a hiatus. They were interrupted by a doctor who approached them.
"Mr. Tomlinson?"

"That's me." Louis said and took a step forward.

"Everything went well. The baby and father are fine." The doctor informed him.

Louis started crying from relief this time.
"Can I see them?"

"Mr. Styles is still in recovery, waking up but you can see your son." The doctor smiled.

"Son? It's a boy?" Louis said, a smile slowly spreading over his face.

"Congratulations." The doctor said.

Liam and Niall both hugged him at the same time and they were jumping up and down. They were shown to a room where the baby was laying in an incubator. Louis put his hand inside and caressed him gently with his fingertips. His chest felt tight from emotions.
"He's perfect. Hi, I'm your dad. I love you." He whispered and took the baby's tiny hand in his.

Liam and Niall looked at the baby as well, cooing over how cute and tiny he was. Twenty minutes later they were allowed to see Harry who just woke up. Liam and Niall just poked their heads inside to congratulate him before they gave them some privacy. Louis sat down next to the hospital bed.
"I was so scared. I love you so much Haz."

"I love you too. How's the baby?" Harry asked, sounding worried.

"He's doing fine. He's absolutely perfect. Tiny. He has to spend some time in the incubator." Louis smiled and caressed Harry's hair and face lovingly.

"Good. I should call my mum." Harry said. He looked exhausted.

"They're on a plane. You just sleep, darling." Louis said and kissed his forehead.

Harry closed his eyes and drifted off. Louis watched him sleep for a while before he snuck out to call their management. He informed them that the baby was born early and that they needed some time off since they were in the hospital. They refused. He hung up and threw his phone against a wall just as Liam and Niall came walking around the corner carrying coffee cups.
"What happened?" Liam asked.

"We still have to be in Dallas in three days. Our fucking management doesn't care that we have a newborn in a hospital." Louis growled.

"What? That's insane. You can't leave your baby!" Niall argued upset.

Louis rubbed his hands over his face tiredly.
"I don't think we have a choice in the matter."

Harry woke up and demanded a wheelchair so he could meet their baby. Louis wheeled him in. He hadn't told Harry that they had to be in Dallas in three days, knowing what his reaction would be. The baby was brought to their room and Harry returned to bed. An extra bed was put in the room for Louis. Liam and Niall had returned to the hotel to get some sleep. They promised to be back in a couple of hours with clothes and toiletries.

Harry couldn't take his eyes off their baby. He was in love.
"We can't call him the blob anymore. How about Freddie?" He suggested.

"Freddie Reign Tomlinson." Louis said and they smiled at each other.

Their mothers arrived the next day. They fell in love with their grandson immediately. They were there when Louis informed Harry that they had to be in Dallas on the first of December. Harry didn't take it well. He burst out crying.
"No way! I'm not leaving Freddie."

He called their management and pleaded without getting a response. Their management refused blankly. Somehow Harry made it to that plane that took them to Dallas. He had just been through major surgery and he was in pain. Their mothers stayed at the hospital with Freddie. Their hearts were broken. This was inhumane.

As soon as they got off stage a private plane took them back and they spent the night in the hospital with their son just to fly to San Jose the next day for a live performance. They flew back to their son and took another flight the next day. This time to appear on the Late late-night show. They told James Corden who was a close friend about their baby and he congratulated them but he was also furious that their management hadn't canceled his show. He promised to raise hell. Harry ended up losing at Tattoo roulette, which was already decided beforehand, which everyone except Niall knew. They were allowed to make fun of him and his view on tattoos.

After going back to the hospital again they had to go to Los Angeles for the KIIS-FM Jingle Ball. Then they finally had a couple of days off and could concentrate on their son who was growing and developing as he should. They were allowed to hold him now and two days later they were released from the hospital and returned to England.