Chapter 4

The Next Morning

Viro arrived earlier than everyone else, considering this man was not staying still at all, he seemed a bit excited and yet nervous about everything. Ahri yesterday picked a track that was essentially just a warm-up on his work, but he was happy about it.

Having the access to the place he quickly sets everything up, to the panels, the microphones on the recording booth, it wasn't those premiere studios but for him, it does the job. He waited for hours while messing with the instrumental that they chose from yesterday, adding more and more to it until they arrived.

They saw the vastaya already working hard as much as he can, he had noticed them as his ears perked up looking at the others who just entered. Since he was in the recording room he just waved at the mirror, and of course, they replied. After he made a few more adjustments he exited the room and greeted the gang again.

"Hey guys, morning!" He smiled.

"You're still early as ever." Ahri chuckled, "Excited?"

"You bet, it's good to be able to start recording and mixing music again."

"Have you eaten yet V?" Kai'sa asked as she then rummage through her bag, "I made some ham sandwiches just for you here."

"Thank you..." Viro shyly accepted as Kai'sa whipped out a few slices placed in a plastic container.

"Ahri and Eve mentioned you might just rush in here so early in the morning and not even grab breakfast so, I made some for you."

"They did?" The vastaya looked at them both and blushed, "Thank you as well..."

Ahri just smiled, "Anytime V." shortly followed by Evelynn.

"After working with you, doll, we know how you take things seriously."

Akali sneaked in the background checking, taking a quick peek at the recording room by the see-through glass, her eyes then got attracted to the beat opened at Viro's laptop. "Yo V! Is this the track?" She asked.

Viro turned to her, "Yep! That should be it, though I did adjust a lil bit." He smiled, so giddy that those mannerisms would be familiar to Ahri and Evelynn.

He made his way beside Akali and sat down facing his laptop, "I changed it a little bit." He says as he pressed play, the change between the types of kick drums and beat are recognizable, and enters a bass line that has this sort of melodic feel to it, what surprised everyone was these high pitches of "hey" in the background. 

Everyone looked at each other while the vastayan was just sitting there happily humming as his wings seem to ruffle to the beat as well. Then it suddenly hits to the chorus, that big dragged synth setting the mood, when the beat comes in and rises it suddenly droops to an array of different sounds. The present beat was still there but it was accompanied by different synth waves and plucky bass. Of course, some other sound effects that make the whole thing what it is.

It's just on loop for the group to hear and Ahri was smiling from ear to ear. That excited look on her face as she turns to Evelynn as if they're one step closer to achieving their goal.

"That just sounds... amazing." Akali was speechless, "Are you sure you aren't some kind of music wizard or something?"

"No..." He shyly replied, "I assure you there are better ones out in the city. I'm.. I guess you could say mediocre when compared to them."

"Well, you did a better job than what I've had to release." Evelynn then commented, "I assure you, darling, your talent is by no means mediocre."

"Yeah! This... this right here is just something else!" Kai'sa joined in as well, "I'm sure that with this everyone will know how K/DA will go hard!"