Chapter 4

Langley, Virginia CIA Headquarters

Third POV

As a small group of and one woman sits in a medium sized room just sitting in silence but Charles and Erik smile and talking to each other within their minds.

"Agent Platt, I am sorry but we can wait anymore for Mr. McCoy. We need to begin so Agent MacTaggert we need to start." Senator said to both agents indicating to the professor to start making him nod and start up.

"The advent of the nuclear age have accelerated the mutation process. Individuals with extraordinary abilities may already be among us. Thank you very much." Charles Xavier speaks to the small group of people in a office before sitting down.

"MacTaggert, you really think that some crackpot scientist is gonna make me believe in. Sparkly dames and vanishing man? You just brought yourself a one-way ticket back to the typing pool. This meeting is over." McCone said to everyone in the room as Moria gets up with her bags.

"Uh, please sit down, Agent MacTaggert. I didn't really expect you to believe me, given that all you could think about during my presentation was what sort of pie they were serving in the commissary. It's apple pecan." Charles said looking at all of them before looking at Moria.

"I haven't been entirely honest with you, I'm sorry. You see, one of the many spectacular things my mutation allows me to do is that I can read your mind." He said with looking at McCone and Agent Stryker.

"I've seen this before in a magic show. Are you gonna ask us to think of a number between one and ten now?" Argent Stryker teased while looking at Charles with a jokely smile.

"No, Agent Stryker. Although, I could ask you about your son, William, who you were thinking about, which is very nice." He said with a sincere smile.

"I think I'd rather ask you about the Jupiter missiles America are currently placing in Turkey." Charles said which causes everyone in the room but Erik to look at him.

"He's a goddamn spy. You brought a goddamn spy into this facility." Senator yelled out reaching his phone.

"I did not."

As everyone in the room starts yelling at each other, Erik looks around getting sick of the yelling, stands up and shapeshifting into Agent Stryker causing everyone to look at him in disbelief after a minute he turns himself into his natural red form.

"How's that for a magic trick." Charles asked them.

"Best I've ever seen." Oliver Platt said with a massive smile.

"I want them out of here. And lock down until I can figure out what to do." Senator stated to everyone in shock.

"My facility is off-site. I'll take them." Oliver said.

CIA Headquarters Base Hallway

"I can't believe this. You think the director of the CIA would have a little more composure. We should be going after Shaw right now, but instead he's up their worrying about the wrong mutants. What are we gonna do, Levene? Levene? Levene, what's wrong with you?" Moria asked him as he and everyone are frozen.

"Absolutely nothing. I've just frozen him for a moment 'cause I'd like to talk to you. It's good, isn't it? I'm as interested in this Sebastian Shaw as you are. And if you still want my help, meet me on the third floor of the parking garage." Charles voice said to her making her look around for him but he is in her head.

Garage in CIA Headquarters

As Charles, Erik and Oliver walks in a hurry to his car in silence but Oliver breaks the silence with a huge smile on his face.