Chapter 9

Covert CIA Research Base

Third POV

As Moria, Charles, Felix and Oliver and the Senator walks in heading to the lounge area discussing the plans for Russia.

"We've got intel that Shaw is meeting with the Russian defense chief in Moscow. So go ahead. Say it." Senator said to Moria as he looks frustrated.

"I'm not here to say, 'I told you so' You know why I'm here." She tells.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. Clearance to bring along your mutants. Fight fire with fire. Make sense." He though about her offer.

"Wait! You're okay with this? Sending in a bunch of untrained, unorganized freaks?" Another agent said overhearing their conversation which makes Oliver look at him angrily.

"These freaks...are dedicated, hardworking people." Oliver said to him getting into his personal space.

"And may I remind you Will and Hank are both mutants and without them this facility would've been shut down a while ago." He said as Moria gently moves him away from the man.

"Plane leaves from Russia in a hour."

"I'm tell you, these kids are not ready for Shaw." Felix tells him still in disappointment.

"I think they're going to surprise you. They're an exceptional bunch of young people." Charles said to him believing in his new team as he, Felix and Moria walks towards the group of mutants hearing very loud music playing.

"What the hell...?" Moria comments seeing the kids partying and drinking.

Hank is hanging from the chandelier, Ben and Darwin are testing Darwin's powers of adapting. Sean, Andrew and Alex are dancing on the table and couch as Erik and Will dance in their natural forms not a care in the world. Sharing a drink with a black panther jamming out to the song.

"Come on! Harder! Harder!" Darwin said to Ben as the three adults just stare at them in disbelief while Charles and Moria are, Felix is chuckling at the amazing sight.

"What are you doing." Moria shouted getting everyone's attention making them look like deers seeing head lights.

"Who destroyed the statue? Why is there a mountain lion?" She practically yells at them as she yells Erik and William turns back into humans as they all stand there drunk out of their minds.

"Ben destroyed the statue..." Hank said jumping down from the chandelier and continuing talking but Will walks drunkly towards her point his finger at her.

"His...name...is Eddie...and he...is a panther." Will said pointing at Eddie with hiccuping between his words.

Will tells her while swaying on his feet as the guys behind him starts giggle and chuckling.

Felix start laughing not being able to hold it in anymore but Moria and Charles look angry. Moria starts to walk closer to Will raging in anger but Hank pulls Will back behind him before Moria starts yelling at them for being children, Eddie starts to growl at her.

"No...No Ben's name is Zeus. That is would we call him now. We were thinking you should be Professor X and you should be Magneto." Erik said as he and Alex pointed to both men.

"I expected more from all of you." Charles tells them but mainly at Erik and William before he and Moria leave. Felix puts up a thumbs up and smiles at them before he too follows after them.

"I am going to go, um...Eddie stay with Alex." Will said before leaving.

William's Garden

As William sits in his garden listening to the birds for him, Oliver stands behind him before walking over to him and sitting down next to him.