Chapter 6: Raphael

First thing i'm gonna say about myself is that, my life sucks.

First of all, my older sister is getting married in two days and she have been introducing me to tons of designers for a new suit, cause apparently, i'm gonna play the role of her husband's best man.

Secondly, my old man is forcing me to learn how the family business works. I mean, why would I waste my time learning about some boring ass company when I should be out there having fun with the ladies.

And lastly, I haven't set eyes on my best friend since he got a new job at OT-com.

I heard from Oliver that he went to Hawaii on the second day of his job which was kind of a surprise to me.

I had no idea what kind of job Oliver gave him but I knew it was a little too soon to be traveling out of the country.

He returned from Hawaii a week ago but i'm yet to see him. His phone is always switch off and he was always not home early from work. According to Sarah, he always return home very late in the evening.

He was always so busy that he barely had time for a chart with his best friend. Makes me wonder what sort of job Oliver gave him.

I decided to go check on him at the company today. I couldn't stand my best friend over working himself, and I'm so gonna spoil things for Oliver if I find out that he is overworking my best friend.

As usual, I walked through the entry of the huge building with my hands in the pockets of my jeans, flashing my teeth at every pretty lady that glances my way.

And of course, a lot of them did.

I don't mean to brag, but I'm very confident in my looks. Girls go crazy for me with just a flash of my charming smile, and I can proudly say I can have any girl I want with this gorgeous face of mine.

The receptionist from before glance in my direction and I smiled and threw her a wink. She blushed and return her attention to her computer.

See! They just can't resist.

I got to Oliver's office floor and mentally thank the heavens above that he was standing right there talking to someone.

I was feeling too lazy to walk all those miles to his office. I could endure the walk because he has a gorgeous secretary, but not today. I just really want to see how my best friend is doing.

I walked towards Oliver just as the girl he was talking to pulled him into a hug.

I smirk to myself. Perfect evidence to use against him when I find out that he's messing with my buddy.

"Brother in-law" I called cheerfully causing Oliver to jump away from the girl as if touched by fire.

"Oh hey Raphael?" He answered nervously as his eyes roam from me to the girl he was hugging.

She is cute and pretty, not as much as my sister though.

"Um, this is Kate, she's a friend" I noticed he put more emphasis on the 'friend' "Kate, this is Raphael, my fiance's brother"

At least she knows he has a fiancee.

I smiled brightly at the girl. She looks pretty enough to gain my attention and I'm sure hooking up with her would mean doing my sister a favour.

"Hello princess, nice to meet you"

I watched her blush at the pet name and my smile widen. Why are ladies so predictable?

"Nice to meet you Raphael" she took my hand but was quick to let go "I have to leave Oliver, I don't want to miss my flight, and thanks for the advice"