Chapter 9: Justin

I watch Natalia_ I mean Nelly, walked out of the party grounds. The guests were still murmuring and whispering to themselves while I stood there staring after Natalia in shock.

My suspicions were right after all, she is indeed Nelly Ruben. But how did she end up in England? From what I remembered, she had no relative except the maid at our mansion.

Everything makes sense now. Her hatred for me, the bullying, her coldness towards me.

Why didn't I realize it sooner? I suspected this but push my suspicions aside when Ria told me that Natalia grew up in England.

Damn! What have I done? I went too far with what I said to her. I shouldn't have said that, she had every right to do what she did. But you can't blame me though, I had no idea that she is Nelly, I didn't know what her intentions were and I assume she was just being a bitch.

I am such a fool! I should have realized it sooner, she knew the woman was my mother, and I was sure I have never introduce my mother to her. That was enough to make me realize who she was.

Damn it, I'm so stupid!

"Man, are you okay?" Raphael asked from behind me.

"Yeah" I turn towards my mum who was still in shock at the revelation "let's go home mum" the guest were getting too judgmental and their comments weren't working in our favour.

"I'll take you guys home" Raphael offered but I shook my head in refusal.

"We'll just take a cab, don't worry"

Sarah joined us on our way out of the party grounds. She looks lost and I figured it must be because of the scene that took place.

Sarah knew close to nothing about Nelly. She was only a kid when all of that happened and I was sure she would be horrified if I reveal it to her.

Sarah has always viewed me as the protective and loving elder brother who couldn't harm a soul. She trusted me and she believed in me. If I told her how much of a monster I was in the past, I was afraid she would see me in a different light.

I honestly regret all the terrible things I did in the past. All the people I have hurt and caused unbearable pain to, but I did worse to Nelly. I did something horrifying, I destroyed a little girl because of my childish ignorance and cockiness.

What I did doesn't deserve forgiveness, but I was determined to try. I've waited so long for this day, I've searched everywhere for Nelly just so I could right the wrongs I committed in the past.

This is my chance and I won't mess it up. Although I kind of already have, but that's not the point.

"Mom, Justin, what was all that about?" Sarah finally asked when we settled in the privacy of our own house after a long silent ride home.

Our mum still looked shaken and traumatized by what happen. She never thought she would see Nelly again, especially not like that. It must have been embarrassing for a girl you once threw out of your house to do something like that to you, and it was all my fault, I framed Nelly. I put the jewelries in her room and pushed my mum to throw her out. Everything that happened was on me.

"Aren't you guys going to explain?" Sarah snap glancing at the both of us with a raised eyebrow "who is she? why did she do that to mum, and what does she mean by mum threatened to send her to jail in the past?"

Mum ignored Sarah's question and walked to her room. She bang the door shut causing me to sigh heavily.

My mum has been in hiding (kind of) after our dad died and we lost everything. She didn't have the best of reputation when she was still the wife of one of the wealthiest billionaire in Silver land. She looked down on others and was never afraid to show off her wealth and elegance to the world. A lot of her past victims were at the party tonight and she was doing a good job hiding until she happen to bump into Natalia.