Indulgence

They finally arrive at the house party which was a big modern luxury home in the Oakland Hills. His honey eyes widen at the sight- he's never been this close to a house like this before! He couldn't help but contain himself, craning his neck to look up at the sights as they drove closer to the building.

"First time?" Bruce asks with a raised eyebrow and smirk.

Snapping back to reality, he abruptly sits back into his seat, wanting to hit himself for looking so visibly enamored in something the others probably see on the daily.

Bruce seemed to anticipate Chase's reluctance to answer for he continued. "Yeah, the sights are pretty. But don't go inside looking at shit like that. Act like you know what you're doing. Word of advice."

Samuel's eyes briefly cut to Bruce in the mirror, then back on the road.

"...Thanks," Chase mumbles, curt. He was embarrassed, yes, but he decided to heed Bruce's advice and not take it personally.

Samuel pulls into the parking lot where there were a lot of other cars and people chatting and drinking outside. Chase has been to parties, but they were mostly soca parties. This was a different crowd that he had to get used to.

They pull into the parking lot and a brunette guy, who seemed to be the host, comes towards the car jovial and waving.

"Yooooo what's up guys!" The guy pipes up.

"YOOOOOOO what's up!??" Bruce opens the door and roars, the other guys following suit.

Chase exits the car and so does Samuel, closing and locking the doors.

"Heyyyyy, Sam!" The other drawls, waving to him as well.

"What's up, Jonah?" Samuel responds, dapping up the other.

"Good good!" He answers, analyzing Samuel's outfit. "You uh... you're not matching with the others?" He gestures with his head.

"Uh, nah. Not this time, kinda wanted to do something different," he side-eyes a smug Bruce as he says this.

"Ah okay! And who are you? You're new?" Jonah approaches Chase, looking up at him with curiosity.

"Oh no, I'm not. I'm Chase. I'm actually the quarterback of the team," he explains.

"Oh..." he looks him up and down. "You're Chase. I see," he exchanges glances with Bruce.

Chase makes a scrunched-up face, exchanging glances with Samuel. Samuel flashes a guilty look.

"Well! I hope you have a good time! There's drinks and stuff inside," Jonah guides them inside.

They all make their way through the large, double-doors of the mansion. The music was blasting and there were already people partying and dancing in the large space in the living space. There was a DJ set up to the far wall near where everyone was dancing. There was an area to the right where some were on the couches, smoking hookah and whatnot.

Up ahead was the kitchen area where there was an open bar along with some food set up.

The boys instantly head to the bar to grab a drink with Samuel and Chase trailing behind.

"Sam... is that alcohol?" Chase whispers.

"Uh, yeah? You haven't drank?"

"I have. Beer, yeah, but not liquor-liquor," he responds, not realizing that Bruce was within earshot.

"Ayo, there's jungle-juice in the punch bowl. Here, matter-of-fact, take mine," he smirks, leaning in. "Don't drink too much now." He pats him on the back before winking at a confused Samuel.