Best of Friends

SAMUEL

BANG!

The sudden bang of the front door slamming roused the blonde from his sleep. He lets out a gut-wrenching groan before dragging himself out of bed to see what the commotion was about. He takes a quick look at the digital clock that sat atop his dresser. What the actual hell? It was 2 in the morning!

"Who's there," he slurs, wiping the excess drool from his lips.

No response.

Now, if he hadn't caught a glimpse of his sister going up the other staircase to her room, he would've opened a fresh can of whoop-ass.

"Domi?" He squints his eyes to clear his vision. However, she just looks at him and turns to go into her room.

Huh.

He was going to turn and go back into his room but then it occurred to him: what the hell was she doing coming into the house this late?

His big brother instincts kicked into gear as he made his way across the hallway to her room.

He knocks on her door. "Hey!"

"Go away!"

"What happened?" he asks, boredly.

"Don't worry about it!" she yells, prompting him to bang on her door even harder. It was a good thing their mother was on a business trip or else he would've gotten the meanest tongue lashing of his life.

"Ugh, fine. Just hang on," she groans, unlocking the door.

He smiles the shittiest smile on this planet as he strides in, closing the door behind him. She looked pissed. She looked like a spoiled child the way she sat cross-legged on her fluffy, white bed surrounded by pink walls and her stuffies. Samuel stifles a giggle.

"What's so funny?"

"Nothing," he sits on the edge of the bed. "Who shitted in your cornflakes?"

"Can you believe what I just saw not too long ago?"

"Um...No? Besides, where were you and why did you come in late?" he questions.

An odd silence passed between them.

"I went to a male strip club, okay?" she mutters, averting her brother's gaze.

"Oooooh," he teases. "I'm telling mom-"

"Please don't tell mom!" she pleads.

"Alright alright whatever," he yawns. Samuel was convinced he looked like complete shit right now. "So what happened?"

He wasn't sure if he triggered something, but he instantly went all red and pouty.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa there!" he exclaims, moving closer and consoling her. "Okay let me guess. Darla."

"Not even close," she huffs. "It's him."

"Chase!?" he blurts out. "The fuck's he doing at a male strip joint? Wait- is he gay? I mean, because if he was, that would make so much sen-"

"No, he's not gay- at least I don't think he is. But he's one of the new dancers apparently."

"New dancer? As in like...Magic Mike dancer?"

"Yes! Can't you believe that asshole!? It just makes me wanna...GRRRRR!" She growls in frustration, biting her pillow.

"No way," he shakes his head in disbelief. He believed it, yet it was hard to picture. "Are you sure that was him?"