Is This For Real?

SAMUEL

Samuel lays down on his bed, staring at the ceiling. So many thoughts were racing through his head- most which he didn't want to think about. He had to sort out his feelings. It was this tangled, crumpled mess and he just didn't know how to handle it. How the fuck did he allow himself to get visibly embarrassed and flustered in front of him like this? He wasn't gay. He was never was gay.

He walks out of his room in search of his sister. Yeah, yeah; asking a 16-year old for advice might be a little stupid he had to admit, but it's usually women that understands emotions the best?

Wasn't like he had anyone else to talk to about this anyways. Anyone else would probably would call him a faggot or some shit.

He went down the stairs and spotted her in the dining room eating and doing her homework. He takes the spot next to her, earning a side-eye.

"Can I help you?"

"I need help."

"Yeah, you do," she snorts.

"I meant advice. Is everything a damn joke to you nowadays?" Samuel sneers in return.

Domi laughs this off. "Alright, alright. What do you need advice for?"

"I uh...," he looks away. How exactly was he gonna word this? Especially considering that it's her ex. It was nasty.

"Let's just say there's this person who's held my interest-"

"Chase? Jesus, already bro?"

Samuel's eyes widened.

"I never even said-"

"Samuel. You've been obsessed with this guy for the longest. You're just using our relationship as an excuse. Besides, mom and I knew you were going to like him eventually," she responds, nonchalant.

"That's not the only reason-"

"Oh I forgot about that Rossi kid too. That whole outing schtick," she dramatically sighs, dropping her pencil and turning to face him. "Look Sam, you obviously had some kind of thing for Chase even back then. Or y'know, boys in general."

His jaw dropped. He was surprised, but it quickly turned to anger.

"Don't take it personal," she turns back around, waving him off. "It's obvious you only bully him to cover up how hurt you are. Jesus Samuel, have you ever thought of having a conversation with the boy?"

"Do you and mom sit around and have fucking conferences about me or something?"

"Aha, sometimes. Look, mom worries about you and I gotta keep her up to speed," she shrugs. "Now tell me the deetz."

"I don't even know who you are anymore..." Samuel whines lowly to himself. Wasn't she the least bit upset? At all?

"Sam?"

"I don't know, I just... I feel weird around him," he stammers.

"You're speaking as if you haven't felt these feelings before. What are you, some child?" Domi rolls her eyes.

"Domi you don't understand. This isn't like Rossi. Not in the slightest."

"Oh?" she swivels around with a cheeky little smile. "Let me guess, you get a floating feeling in your chest? Stomach gets butterflies? Your face gets all hot kinda like now?" she points out.

The blonde's fair skin flushes a crimson. He truly wished his blushing wasn't so visible to other people.

"Stop that!"