I Wanna See You Dance

Chase followed Ken back down the corridor. They went past the posters once again, Chase making a silent comparison between the Ken Doll poster and Ken himself.

"So you're a dancer, huh?" He asks, breaking the silence.

"Mmhmm," he responded with a nod of the head. "I also help out the boss with certain things. I'm sorta his secretary," he smiles at him.

"I see."

His voice sounded much more buttery and smooth in person. He had such a clear, deep articulate voice that he certainly wouldn't mind constantly hearing. His demeanor was also very professional despite his occupation here. It was no wonder why he was chosen to be a secretary.

They turned a corner and walked into a room that was labeled the "Dancer's Room".

The room itself was about the size of a hair salon. There were mirrors on one side and racks of clothing on another. There were no dividers for privacy when changing, so some of the men went behind clothing racks to change. From his sight, he spotted about eleven dancers in total. There was much chatter inside along with some clothes being thrown around. Chase instantly recognized the dancer he saw onstage pushing one of the guys into the open, naked. He stands idly beside the ginger as Ken attempted, in vain, to get their attention.

"Ahem!" he clears his throat, though none of the other dancers seem to notice through the commotion.

"AHEM!" He repeats, growing impatient with the loud noise.

The noise dwindles to a mere whisper, some of the dancers peeking behind the racks to give the secretary their undivided attention.

"Oh, hey. What's up Kentucky?" the one known as Rodeo greets with a smirk, leaning casually against one of the racks. He was now wearing leather-clad pants, though he was still shirtless. Chase can make out his features a lot better from here: tanned, golden-caramel skin tone with a nice, lean body type.

"Don't call me that," he demanded before continuing. "We have a new dancer-"

Chase flashed him a glare before Ken corrected himself.

"A potential dancer. He's gonna try it out for a night," he continues as if he never even uttered the mistake to begin with.

A large, muscular Native American man steps from behind the first rack, a concerned expression overtaking his chiseled features. His hair was dark and shoulder-length, tousled to one side. He was one that was the most casually dressed, though still shirtless.

"So what does that mean for us? Where are we going to fit him in our schedule?"

"Well Chief, we'll just fit him in between yours and Tantalis' performance," he replied, going towards the little white board and making some changes. "We usually keep a dry-erase board to remind ourselves of the routine for the day," Ken leans over and whispers to Chase with a sly smile.

Satisfied with this response, Chief nods and goes back to what he was doing, presumably searching for clothes to change into.

Although everyone seemed very busy, they seemed affable enough that he may get along with them as coworkers in the future. He did feel pressure in the pit of his stomach, though. Who could blame him? Here he was being thrusted onstage to perform a dance despite originally coming to interview for a bouncer position. He was flattered that the boss found him attractive enough to be one, but it did raise a red flag for him.

"So, you planning on dancing, huh?" Rodeo asked with a raised eyebrow. He was wearing shiny, black latex pants now, making his way over to Chase with a whip in-hand. He put an arm around the taller guy, forcing Chase to have to stoop down to his level. "You got a name yet?"