0. a disturbance in mid-day peace.

"hello?" milani answered the phone in a hushed tone, still trying to enjoy her mid-day peace.

the girl was currently lying on her bed, she was aware of the show playing in the background but it was long forgotten as she tried to catch up on her feed.

"hey milani, it's jules." the girl's enthusiastic voice rang through the phone as milani held the it to her ear.

"yes i know that," she didn't resist the urge to roll her eyes, "is there something you wanted?"

"we're going out tonight, i want you to come."

jules and milani had formed some unexpected friendship over the past couple months. although jules was fairly new, the two bonded easily. milani said she liked jules' "energy" and jules was more than happy to have another person to call her friend.

the girl looked off into her room, in all honesty, she had absolutely no intentions of going to a party tonight.

sure it was new year's eve and as a teenager it's your "sworn duty" to go out, get drunk, or make some kind of mistake to sweep you off into the new year, but she wasn't interested.

still, milani dug deeper into the conversation, "define 'we'"

"me, maddy, and kat."

milani knew the two other girls, they'd all been going to the same school for some years now. but there wasn't much connection between her and them besides that.

"that all?"

"well, mostly everyone at school will be there. apparently this boy invited cassie who invited maddy, maddy invited kat, and kat invited me."

"how do you know i don't have plans," she teased

jules laughed on the other side of the phone, "i never said that, but based on your reaction i'm assuming you don't."

milani couldn't resist the small bit of a laugh she let out, "touché. but i wasn't planning on going out tonight."

"oh yeah? what were you going to do milani,"

the girl shrugged even though she knew jules couldn't see her, "i don't know, probably watch a sitcom or teen drama show with my brother and sister."

"oh come on! you're young, go out and have fun! there will be a million other days to watch sitcoms."

milani looked at her nails and thought about her friend's words. a night out wouldn't hurt, right?

she sighed, "i guess you're right,"

milani could nearly feel the smile radiating from jules, "great, we'll be there by like ten."

"fine, see you later."

"see you!" the girl said cheerfully before hanging up the phone.

milani thought about the night ahead of her and sighed to herself.

"new year, same fuck shit."

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

AUTHOR'S NOTE.
not really sure if this even counts as a prologue because of how short it is so take it as whatever!

but yass, i decided i wanted jules as her bff cause i heart jules and jules hate is NOT safe here. anyway we'll see how the rest of this story plays out..

no but last nights episode just stressed me tf out. i just wanna say rue x elliot or elliot x jules shippers are NOT safe here (jaykay but like i'm dead serious). but omg y'all it's bout to be messy in this story cause ima have to switch some shit up xoxo

anyways please vote/interact and give me any feedback :))