7. the day of rest and realizations.

milani loved sunday's. they were the perfect day to relax and enjoy yourself before the school day. she made it a statement for sunday's to belong to her.

the girl woke up at around ten o'clock and wasn't surprised she was the only one home, or at least awake. milani was sure silas was still asleep, his snores could be heard from outside his door. but she had no idea where monique was.

monique's suspicious behavior had been going on for a while, the sneaking out late, not telling milani where she was going, even getting a lock on her door.

the girl assumed maybe her older sister had a new boyfriend, but it didn't make sense for her to go to such great lengths when she already knew her sister's history of "lovers."

still, everytime she pushed, monique brushed it off. she decided she'd do something about it sooner or later.

not long after waking up, milani got a text from a certain someone.

elliot: hey :)
milani: what ?
elliot: so rude. wanna hang?
milani: ..with jules and rue?
elliot: no, just me and you

the girl frowned. she'd never hung out with him alone before. he sends another text.

elliot: send me your address
milani: i never said yes 🤨
elliot: too bad

she resists the urge to smile and finds herself actually sending him her address. she's scared, though. would it be awkward? knowing elliot, probably not.

milani decides she'll get put together. although it was a sunday, her usual day of rest, she didn't want elliot to see her in her early morning crust.

the boy arrives about five minutes after milani's done getting ready and she wonders how far he lives. with him knocking on the door, she finally leaves her room to answer.

milani spots silas at the table eating lucky charms, "why didn't you answer the door?"

he just shrugged and continued chewing.

opening the door, milani sees elliot for the first time in about a day and yet still finds herself giddy over his appearance.

in all honesty, his outfit wasn't anything special. but there was something about the way he carried himself that made him look so much better. milani was very intrigued and also very annoyed at how easily elliot could look so good wearing the simplest outfit.

milani doesn't greet him but pulls him through the doorway in hopes of staying out of silas' line of vision.

she fails.

"ooh, milani has a boy over," silas teased.

milani continued dragging elliot, "hey man!" elliot said before being pushed into her room with the door slammed shut. "that was rude, you know?"

"not even," it's the first thing she says to him.

"what? you want me all to yourself?" elliot does fake kissy faces and milani gives him a light shove.

the girl plopped onto her bed, "so why'd you wanna come over?"

elliot is still standing, observing her room. he stops in front of a red guitar that looks like what he would think of if he could create his dream instrument.

he ignored her question, "you play?"

"no, elliot, it's there for show." she says in a 'duh' tone. "yes. i play."

her sarcasm doesn't effect him, "you any good?" he teases.

she shrugs, "i'm sure you'll find out some day."