2. random strangers on new year's.

elliot was pretty good at staying sensible with his actions. but he'd be a liar if he said he was sure how he ended up at this party.

or in a fucked up laundry room with a banged up washing machine. or was it a dryer? it didn't really matter.

it wasn't until the door swung open that he realized how fucking stupid he must've looked.

"oh shit, sorry." the person quickly apologized to which he decided it would be a good enough opportunity to clean some of the shit up.

but as the door creaked back open a pit was formed in his stomach, quick thinking was definitely not his best friend right about then.

lucky for him, the stranger happened to be just as much of a junkie as him — maybe even more, in all fairness, he just met her.

but much to his dismay, he had to save her from a overdose. the immediate panic he felt was like no other, not to mention the pool of guilt. it wasn't rare for him to feel guilty for things like this, but he didn't have it in him to stop himself from going through with it.

so as they laughed it off, it sort of seemed like they were bonded for life now. however long that may be for the both of them.

their exchange left him with a lot to think about, though. which is every teenagers nightmare. thinking.

so now he sits besides the girl in the dim light of the fire.

"rue?" a girl calls out. rue, that must be the girl's name by the way she responds.

the tension is filled thicker with the presence of another person, maybe it's not the fact that it's another person but more so the history behind the two.

catching the look from rue, he gets the hint that they need to be alone.

"uh, you can take my chair. i'm gonna get a drink." he's sort of relieved he doesn't have to be there for whatever's going on.

he doesn't know much about rue, and even less about the girl that was now sitting next to her. but he had an uneasy feeling that it would be far from the last time they all saw each other.

drinks. drinks. where are the drinks?

elliot walked around trying to get past all the bodies. maybe he shouldn't even go get a drink, it probably wouldn't be a good idea to mix that with whatever's currently in his system. he didn't really care, though.

he finally found a spot with a bottles, sitting on a little table in the living room. he assumed there were bottles in the kitchen as well but he was happy he didn't have to pass through anymore people.

making his way to the table, he accidentally bumped into a shorter girl with an empty red solo cup in her hand.

"ugh, watch where you're going, dipshit." she spat harshly.

as elliot caught sight of her face, he would've been more phased if she wasn't one of the prettiest girls he'd ever seen.

even though he just gotten insulted, he couldn't help but smile a bit, "i'm sorry, i didn't see you there."

"yeah, that's why i said watch where you're going." she rolled her eyes, why did he enjoy her rudeness? "you're just lucky there's nothing in here yet."