1. little brothers and such.

milani followed her sister around the house like a lost puppy, but her sister wouldn't budge and instead shrugged, "take your brother or you can't go, simple."

silas had gone to parties, sure. but not like what milani was expecting it to be, and whatever her expectations are, it'll probably be worse. still, when silas asked to go monique decided that sorted their situation out perfectly.

and monique eloi was many things.

a twenty-two year old, a guardian taking care of her brother and sister due to their absent parents, a continuous job-hunter, all of that. but she was not the one to play with.

milani scoffed, "he's a fucking fourteen-year-old!"

silas took that as his cue to add his input, "uhm, my friends are going and they're 'fucking fourteen-year-olds'"

"hey, watch your fucking mouths you little shits!"

"you just cussed," silas and milani pointed out in unison.

"i'm a grown ass woman." she turned to milani, "and what i say, goes. i'm the one in charge."

milani rolled her eyes, "you want a child, to go to a party where there will be all kinds of shit—" monique gave her the death stare at her use of word, "all kinds of stuff going on." she rephrased.

"as far as i'm concerned, you're both children as long as you're under my care."

"you know what i mean," milani mugged at her older sister.

monique's hard expression softened as she look at her younger sister and sighed, "please lani, i need to go out tonight. plus, having him will remind you to keep a level head." she didn't groan at the use of 'lani' despite all urges.

what the fuck could you possibly need to do, monique? milani didn't say it out loud but her sister's secretiveness was starting to get played out.

but, it would've taken everything in her to deny her sister's request, so milani just murmured out "fine." and made her way down the hall to continue getting ready.

"be ready in the next hour or two or i'm leaving you!" the girl yelled out to her brother before slamming her door shut.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"do you know how embarrassing it is to have to take your little brother with you to a party?" milani groaned as they stepped out of the car

jules shrugged, "i think it's cute. i don't know, i'm an only child."

"trust me, it's not."

"i'm right here you know," silas huffed while trailing along.

milani looked down at him, "oh i'm well aware,"

maddy and kat laughed listening in on the conversation. they'd all gotten formally introduced when they arrived at milani's house to pick them up, milani decided they seemed like good people.

finally reaching the entrance of the house, maddy announced to the group, "if i don't find a bathroom, i'm gonna spend new year's eve with a fucking uti." no sounds of protests were said as she continued on her journey to find a bathroom.

"can i go meet up with my friends?" silas asked in an annoyed tone.

milani narrowed her eyes, "who are these 'friends' of yours?"

"the same friends i always hang out with,"

"that doesn't answer my question."

"first you don't want me to come now you don't want me out of your sight?"

"you're damn right,"

but as sounds of silas' name began being called out by barely teenage boys, milani caught sight of the friends he was talking about. the younger boy gave her a look to which she rolled her eyes at.

"fine, but be ready to go at any point." he nodded and ran after them. milani was aware that they were good kids, as good as you can be in a world where everyone wants to be something they're not, "don't do anything i would do!"

"of course!" is the last thing she heard from him as he faded out of view.

standing in the middle of kat and milani, jules hooked her arms around both of their necks and took them deeper inside the house.

"looks like it's just us tonight, ladies!"

the next hour or two consisted of the three of them taking shots, moving from room to room, and talking.

milani had found that kat made good company and didn't make her feel awkward despite them not knowing each other that well.

the girl made sure to be aware of her brother's whereabouts. him and his friends weren't moving around as much as they were, though. so it wasn't as difficult to keep track of where he was.

eventually kat's boyfriend, ethan, showed up and jules and milani slipped away together. there was no way they'd be fourth wheeling all night.

after a while jules slipped out away from milani too. god how she hated being at these kinds of events alone.

she found herself observing, something she'd become accustomed to. over-analyzing and overthinking everything was the only way she felt aware. but being aware of everything wasn't the greatest, either.

it wasn't long before the girl found the drinks to distract herself again. she wasn't a lightweight, anyway.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

AUTHOR'S NOTE.
pls it's so often that i write long chapters.. i literally had to cut this cause i want to make about two chapters per episode

anyway how we feeling? i'm trying to not use as much of the show's dialogue cause i mean we already watch the episodes like every week lmao

but, leave some feedback and vote/interact please and thank you <3