8. blunt confessions.

that same night, elliot realized he now had a dilemma.

about an hour ago, at milani's house, he found feelings being awoken in him that he'd never felt before.

when her and monique left the room to talk, he began to feel discouraged. it didn't make sense, really. but something about looking around her room made him realize he'd never be good enough for her.

she was good at guitar, smart as hell, evidently a good gymnast, had a good support system. he didn't have any of that on his roster, besides guitar.

he decided he didn't want to rope her into his shit. his big life of shit that was determined to make everything go wrong for him.

guilt settled in his stomach again when she came back into the room.

as he looked down into her big brown eyes, he knew he couldn't let her down.

but he also knew he was too selfish to let her go.

elliot soon remembered milani's interest in vinyls, as well as her record player.

he used this as a distraction to go through his cousin's stuff.

"what the fuck are you doing?" she asked.

elliot continued rummaging through her items, "you still have some of your vinyls, right?"

she nodded, "why?"

"let me have some," he demanded.

the girl scoffed and walked closer to where he had been kneeling.

"give me a hundred bucks,"

he rolled his eyes, "twenty."

"eighty."

"fifty."

she nodded again and elliot groaned. he had more than fifty dollars to spare, he just didn't want to.

it didn't take long for his cousin to expose him to her collection of vinyls. though she only allowed him to take three, he decided that if he picked good enough ones, they'd be fine for milani.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

for the first time in a long time, elliot walked into the school with something to prove.

he felt proud of himself, finally doing something for someone else. especially someone like milani. although, he wasn't really sure what that meant, yet.

he fished through the sea of students, desperately trying to find his specific girl.

he noticed her next to her locker and held up the vinyls as he walked up to her.

she finally passed her gaze over to him and gawked at the sight of the records.

two of them were fairly old, but nothing she wasn't unfamiliar with. the last one was from her era, something she was familiar with as well.

"surprise," elliot said, finally reaching her.

she looked in disbelief, "did you? but i didn't— you didn't—"