Chapter 8: Murderouse life

Tapeworm's POV

As I tried to sleep, the guilt haunted me again. I hadn't slept in weeks, and being at this place didn't help. I wouldn't be surprised if I woke up with a knife in my back. But it was all my own fault. Mom and dad were ashamed to even admit to me being their son, so now I was stuck here. Till I was 18 and would be left on the street to starve. I sighed, turning over in bed again.

"Stay fucking still!" Jonny, the boy on the bed above me, half-yelled. I hated this place. When I arrived, it was late at night. And I was met with a bed someone had pissed in for a laugh. Since then, I've had people run in on me in the shower, beat me, and boss me around.
All I could think about was Max.

She wasn't like other girls. Yes, she had beautiful hair and a pretty face. But this wasn't her identity. Very few people could even tell you it was brown, as I was always hidden, people assumed it was blonde like her brothers. She was more likely to beat you up than hug you, and enjoyed whipping you ass at video games instead of getting you to show her how.

But I'd ruined her. I'd hurt her. Just so I didn't have to live with knowing we were forbidden to see each other. Now I have to live with knowing she hates me. Knowing I'll never see her again and knowing the perfect girl is gone forever.

I have to live in this place, knowing, thinking and regretting every day.

I gave up everything, but I made Max give up more.