Chapter Thirteen

The entire room was silent for a while, everyone wasn't exactly sure what to say or how to continue the rest of their breakfast. The silence became awkward until Bobby stood up and said,

"Well I guess it's time to get started on the work day right fellas?"

Everyone agreed and started to put up their plates and head out to the ranch to take care of the bulls and horses and other jobs they needed to do. Roy looked at Heartbreaker Thomas and Charlie, wondering what they were going to do. Roy scratched the back of his head with a sigh and said,

"Well I've got some work to do in my office. I'll leave you two out here."

Roy headed to his office and closed the door behind him. He wanted nothing to do with the situation that was going on at the moment. He already knew about Hank and Lizzie's fake wedding and it pissed him off that he had to keep that a secret. Those two frustrated him to no end one minute they liked each other the next minute they were either at each other's throats or avoiding each other. It was easier to handle when they were just friends now things were so complicated and messed up. It hurt his head, his friend and his sister now married and neither one of them had the guts to admit that they actually loved each other. He could hear it now, Lizzie storming into the house because she saw Hank doing something he wasn't supposed to do or her complaining that he's such an ass. She wasn't wrong, but still it wasn't something he wanted to hear again it was too repetitive for him. Thanksgiving was coming up in three days and when it happened all of them had to be on the same page. They had to look like the perfect family in order to ease their mother. Make her feel like she was at home, not make her feel like she was leaving her family while it was in self destruct mode. Roy decided to talk to Lizzie alone and then to Hank alone if he could convince them separately to behave like an actual newly wed couple it would make the next few weeks go by smoothly.

Lizzie had come back into the house about two hours later, she was in her parents room talking to her mother. Rosa was telling her stories about her grandmother and her going to the markets out in Spain. The home that her mother grew up in; she had shown her Barcelona from top to bottom. Lizzie promised to take her mother there one day, her heart felt like it was being squeezed every time she thought about her mother's last few moments with her. Her father walked in interrupting the conversation and walked over to Rosa kissing her on the forehead.

"Hey, Lizzie Hank wants to talk to you."

"Okay." she said.

She got up quickly and headed out the door closing it behind her but once she knew she was out of her parents sight she walked slowly and cautiously making sure she could see him before he could see her. What was she thinking, sleeping with him in the first place? She felt like an idiot, they were a fake married couple and they didn't even wear protection. She should've thought it through, she should've talked to him first and told him that no matter how much they wanted to sleep with each other they couldn't. How could they go back to being just friends after that? It was making her sick just thinking about it all, she had finally reached the bottom of the stairs when she saw someone.

"What are you doin' here?" She said surprised.

There was a scoff,

"Seems like nobody's happy to see me."

"Oh it's not that I was just a lil' surprised. Daddy said Hank wanted to see me he just failed to say which Hank." Lizzie said with a little laugh.

Heartbreaker put his hands in his pockets with a little shrug and said,

"Yeah well, that's your father."

Lizzie laughed,

"So what are you doin' here?" She asked curious.