Chapter Two

The next morning Hank woke up and headed to Lizzie's door. He knocked on it hesitantly, it had been about seven years since he saw her last. She just turned twenty one before she announced that she was leaving Henderson. He was so upset with her, just like he was upset with her when she moved in with her aunt all the way across town in order to go to public school. He was so upset at her for leaving he even destroyed the stuffed bunnies he bought her when she got angry at him. Now wouldn't be the same, he couldn't even really remember what he last said to her before she left but it was obvious from her tone last night that she was still holding a grudge against him. Hank knocked again but there was never an answer to his knocks, he figured she was downstairs already and made his way down the steps.  

Sure enough Lizzie had already gotten up and made her way downstairs. She was getting to know some of the newer ranch hands and she was hanging out with the ones she was already familiar with. She was making them breakfast like she used to do. In the summer, when Lizzie came back home she would wake up early with her mother to make breakfast for the workers. They all loved Rosa and Lizzie's cooking so they all made sure they were at the table on time. The smell of scrambled eggs and freshly made bacon filled the room, as Hank reached the bottom of the stairs he took in the delicious scent. Lizzie was sitting on the lap of Bobby Baker a worker that she'd known for a long time. He was whispering in her ear and flirting with her in front of everyone. Bobby was always known as the flirt of the workers that was until Hank showed up. 

"Why don't you let the girl go? She can't feed us if you got her on your lap all morning." Jasper said. 

"Oh so is that all I'm good for? Making you guys breakfast?" 

"Course not boss." Jasper said with a smile. 

Lizzie rolled her eyes and got out of Bobby's lap to go and check on the biscuits in the oven. She passed by Hank as if he were invisible, Hank could feel the cold shoulder from across the room. 

"I heard you didn't get home until late last night Hank, you and Alison have a fun night?" Bobby said. 

"Sure did, we were on the couch things were hot and heavy and her breast were-" 

"Oh my gosh you need to stop, now!" Lizzie said turning around feeling embarrassed for having heard Hanks words. 

Bobby laughed, 

"Sorry Honey didn't mean to make you blush." 

"I'm not blushin'! Talk like that is so inappropriate an' you know that I hate to hear it Bobby." Lizzie said getting hotter in the face. 

"I'm sure you wouldn't mind it if we were talking about you." Hank said turning to her. 

He was leaned against the wall with his hands in his pockets, Lizzie looked at him and turned around. Hank laughed, 

"You're gonna give me the silent treatment? Really? In front of the guys, Honey? It's been seven years I think I deserve a little love don't you?" 

Lizzie turned back around and said sternly, 

"From what I saw last night, I'd say you got enough 'love' an' as for the seven years all I can say is if I never saw you again it would be too soon. I hate you you're just lucky Roy said he needs you." 

Lizzie turned around and went back to her cooking, Hank's smile faded a little he didn't say another word. He took a seat at the table and the others looked at him absolutely appalled that he took that from Lizzie. Then they backed off because they realized the reason, Hank wanted to eat and to pick a fight with her before she served them would leave him hungry. Roy came out of his office fixing his belt for the fifteenth time and walked over to the table,