Chapter Three

Chapter 3 

Eddie took her to Bob's BBQ for dinner. They sat down, ordered and started talking, 

"So what were your clients like in L.A?" 

"They're no different from people here except they usually lived in the city their entire lives. They were very nice to me though." she said. 

"That's good." 

"What 'bout you, where have you been workin' all this time?" she asked. 

"I've been bartending, actually. I thought Hank would've told you that, I saw him at the bar a few times." 

"Really? I didn't know he drank, although I doubt Hank would tell me anythin' bout you. Besides we're not really on talkin' terms anymore." she said. 

Eddie knew that, the last time he saw Lizzie furious was because of something Hank did in front of her. Not only did he kill a rabbit in front of her but he proceeded to make out with a woman he'd brought along with them on their horse back riding trip. She was so upset with him that she left on her own but he never came back for her. He didn't even check to see if she was alright. She didn't hear from him again that night, it was only the next day that he tried to talk to her but she wouldn't have anything to do with him. Not only was she pissed but she felt betrayed, Hank never told her he spent the entire night looking to see where she had run off too. Lizzie wasn't easily angered; however, Hank was the only person Eddie ever knew that could actually bring a reaction like that out of her. Other than that she was always a sweetheart. 

"I actually had a few girlfriends while you were gone, none of them stuck though. I guess I was always looking for something more. What about you?" he asked. 

"What 'bout me?" 

"Did you see anybody while you were away?" 

"Just- one guy, but that ended pretty badly I don't like to talk 'bout it." she said uncomfortable almost as if she were closing up inside herself. 

"He didn't hurt you did he?" 

"No, it was a little more complicated then that, you know I think we should move past this subject. I'm just a little uncomfortable." She said a flustered. 

Eddie told her to calm down and that she was alright, nothing was going to happen to her. Lizzie smiled knowing that she was okay but not really sure that she could shake the feeling now that she had remembered that man. They were silent for a little while, the awkward atmosphere began to settle in. Until their food arrived, they began to eat and Lizzie started to talk again, 

"So how is you sister?" 

"She's good. She's married right now." 

"Oh really that's nice." 

"Yeah she's about to have a kid." 

"Oh what is it?" 

"I don't know, they're waiting for it to be born to find out the sex. They want it to be a surprise!" Eddie said mockingly. 

Lizzie laughed at him, 

"Oh come on, that's always fun. I mean it's very excitin' just imagine holdin' that baby in your hands for the first time and hearin' the doctors saying to you it's a baby boy or a baby girl." 

"Oh no, I'm not having a girl." 

Lizzie laughed, 

"Why not?" 

"I would be the over protective dad that always follows her around every where. You have to watch out for females. They're too fragile." 

"Well I don't think you have a choice an' by the way I resent that last comment. We're not all fragile. I can take you any day."