001. will is missing

chapter one

chapter one.
will is missing

Avery Grace Monroe loved to listen to music, she had boxes of vinyls and  cassette players in her bedroom of all her favourite artists and songs

Avery Grace Monroe loved to listen to music, she had boxes of vinyls and cassette players in her bedroom of all her favourite artists and songs. She had an open mind when it came to genres of music, she didn't mind trying out any type of music or listening to new songs but she did have her favourites; Queen and Abba. She loved the two bands and that was why at midnight on a school night she was dancing around the house, dancing queen playing at top volume from the record player that sat in the corner of the living room.

Avery spun around, singing the lyrics as she danced her way into the kitchen. She stopped by the fridge, taking a deep breath and pushing her brown hair out of her face. Avery grabbed her bottle of water out of the fridge, she always kept it in there to keep it cold. Footsteps behind the girl made her turn to face the figure who had just walked into the living room, the faint sound of the abba song playing in the background.

"Hey mum." Avery greeted her mother. Lorelai Monroe was a gorgeous woman with blonde hair and a charming smile. She wasn't tall, Avery being taller than the woman usually, but Lorelai wouldn't be caught dead without a pair of heels on, which greatly helped her look taller. Lorelai was an incredible mother too, she loved and care for her daughter more than anyone in the world and she did everything in her power to protect her daughter and let her live the life she deserves. Avery was forever grateful to have a mum like Lorelai.

"Hello gorgeous. What are you doing up?" Lorelai questioned the girl, who was still trying to regain her breath from dancing too much.

"I could ask you the same question." Avery retorted smiling.

"You are the reason I'm up, I love you Av but I don't need to listen to abba at midnight when I have work tomorrow." Avery's expression turned sheepish. "Why aren't you listening to it in your bedroom?"

"My bedroom has stacks of homework in it that I should be doing and if I go in there it's going to stare at me hauntingly." Avery stated, chugging more of her water.

Lorelai simply laughed, shaking her head at her daughter before turning around and heading out of the kitchen. "Go to bed Avery, you have school tomorrow."