- lost and found

(name)'s pov

    i groaned, opening my eyes. i wasn't on a [redacted] anymore.

instead, i lay on a soft pile of grass.

i sat up and looked around to see where i woke up.

there were a bunch of trees, that's it.

i eventually realized that i had woken up in a completely unfamiliar forest. 

i stood up and dusted the non-existent dirt on my clothes.

i started walking. i slowly picked up the pace as i had a feeling something was watching.

but even if i look back, there would be nothing.

assuming that i was paranoid due to the silence and darkness - not to mention the atmosphere - around me, i continued my path.

i came through some obstacles in the past few minutes.

i had to jump over a gap. i've had to see and unfortunately smell a disgusting pile of meat trapped in a net.

i've had to climb a ledge and jump over a large gap with a box after having to find a lever.

i had to throw a shoe so that i wouldn't be captured and left to rot away inside a net to capture animalistic creatures that reside here.

there was this place, too. the path was destroyed, the planks weren't sturdy enough to hold me.

damn. am i that fat?

it broke and made a rather loud thud on the ground. i looked down to see it just hanging on the bottom.

sighing, i kept on with the path.

BANG

i yelped, launching backwards.

the sound had echoed throughout the forest. there was a.. bear trap.

it held a stick in its mouth.

exhaling, i was glad that the stick had to fall in there before i did, or else that would've been my leg..

before i could keep going down the path, there was a bear trap in my way.

it was the only way to get to the other side.

i slowly but surely made my way around the bear trap. i let out a sigh once i've done that.

continuing, there were more bear traps in my way. fortunately, there was a pile of raccoon stash on the ground, so i used some of them to find the bear traps and trigger them.

i did as i had just said. triggering the bear traps was easier than i thought it would be.

i had to balance on a wood and jump to the large stump in order to remove this obstacle and go back to the path.

if there's bear traps, there might be people. but what if they're trying to kill me?

they might be nice.