- chase

(name) and mono had fallen onto a disgusting pile of rotten meat.

(name) stood up first, grabbing mono's arm and running as fast as they can as the door behind them bursted open.

BANG

thankfully, the hunter had missed his first shot on a box.

there were boxes everywhere, and they could use them in case the hunter had reloaded.

(name) rushed to a box after hearing the hunter cock his gun.

BANG

mono barely had time to catch his breath before (name) dragged him off again.

hiding behind a box, (name) waited for the shot. mono finally caught his breath, panting from trying to catch up with the child.

looking around, there weren't any boxes anymore, just a hollow cave under the surface.

a cave.

BANG

(name) grabbed mono's hand and sprinted towards the cave.

they crawled under the darkness, seeing the light of the hunter shine.

mono crawled back up to the surface after seeing the hunter walk around, looking for them.

on the surface, they were hidden from the hunter right behind the very being.

mono held (name)'s hand and crawled in the tall grass, hiding themselves.

the light of the hunter shined on them, but all he saw was the grass swaying in the dark.

there weren't any more grass after them. mono spotted a hole. mono nudged his elbow at (name), who was staring at the hunter on high alert.

(name) looked at mono, tilting their head in confusion. mono pointed at the two of them, then he pointed at the hole.

(name) got an idea of his plan and nodded. (name) took a deep breath before the two of them sprinted towards the hole.

the hunter was alerted by the sound of their feet pounding against the ground, and the hunter aimed his gun.

(name) fell in the hole first, dragging mono with them before he got shot.

BANG

mono stared at them for a while, nodding slightly.

(name) nodded, until a gun got into the hole.

BANG

mono crawled into a small path, with (name) following him as the gunshots were heard behind them.

the path wasn't that long, but it was so dark and silent that all (name) could hear was the rustling of a paper bag.

eventually, mono saw a light in the distance. picking up the pace, mono pushed away the branches that were in their way.

(name) got stuck, but mono came to their help.

holding their hand, mono helped (name) get out of the branches and walked with them.

the two came to a stop; a broken bridge up ahead.

mono looked around and spotted the rope still intact.

"hey." mono whispered, pointing at the other end of the bridge.

(name) shrugged, looking down. they can't make that jump.

mono shook his head and took hold of the rope, bringing up the side of the bridge here and pointed to the other side again.

(name) took a deep breath, made a running start and jumped.