- we'll meet again

(w/n) = wrong name

-

mono's pov

oh no.

what happened to them?

their long arms reaching for the music box, dragging it as their large body covered the music box in an attempt to protect what was theirs.

the music box seemed to be playing on its own, playing the same tune of when (name) and i first met.

i attempted walking towards them, but they just shielded the music box as if their life depended on it.

suddenly, i had an idea.

(name)'s usually curious, aren't they?

i decided to grab a doll with it levitating in the middle of the room, a coincidence to have been in the spotlight.

(name) crawled towards the floating doll, still covering the music box.

they had left a spot open, and there was a hammer.

i tried to do something with it, but (name) just pushed me away like a fly attempting to suck the blood out of them.

i'd cry out the word 'eureka' if i knew what it meant, but i get it now.

if they want the music box to keep playing on and on for days, months, years, then i'd probably leave them be if they were a viewer with an addiction to music boxes.

but no, this was (name).

the child that's been my friend since the hunter's house and the said hunter.

the school, the teacher, the hospital, the doctor, pale city itself, although they weren't exactly there during the viewers.

we've already encountered dangers that could possibly kill us when they had the chance to. hell, maybe even eat us!

i wouldn't let a human that's been turned into.. this, be left all alone in the dark with no help.

i wouldn't even want that for anyone.

and so i dragged the hammer, and smashed the music box.

BANG

CRASH

zzzzzzzzzzz

the music box was, well, i wouldnt say destroyed, but harmed- and a wave of static went past my ears.

as if the music box had a power to set (name) free if they took the risk, a door opened after i opened my own eyes.

suddenly, there was a loud roar.

the place was crashing down, and (name) started chasing me.

i sprinted away, going into a purple light and being transported farther away from (name) before they could catch me.

i jumped over a few broken floorboards, nothing personal, except for the fact that i destroyed their music box.

BANG