- the boy

i woke up. i can't tell if it's already been a day, or..

sighing, i looked around the room.

it's already been a three weeks since i came in this house. i figured out how to get up into the attic, i've figured out how not to starve or dehydrate to death.

looking around the room, i had gotten used to it. although i drew some on the walls, counting my days down in this hole. 

it originally had 19 days written on the wall, but i added more to it.

i had almost forgotten; in those days i had met a child. another boy seemingly my age.

we had been.. friends, was it? right.

although, a tall, skinny, dark man reappeared then disappeared, taking my friend along with him.

eventually the hunter found out i had been living here, and kept me locked up in a basement losing my own mind.

fortunately, he gave me a music box. i'm at least thankful for that.

of course, it wasn't long before i started staring at the music box.

i felt drawn to it, like a mother opening her arms for a hug.

sitting down, i grabbed the lever, turning it.

the tune was the same as yesterday.

i kept turning it, distracted. i barely even heard the thud from the other room as i continued to turn the lever.

the tune kept playing. all of a sudden, a memory popped up into my head. it was-

BANG

my eyes darted towards the sound.

BANG

i saw a human, the same height as me.

but this human was destroying the door with an axe.

BANG

i accidentally threw the music box away when i hurried to hide under the table.

CRASH

with that last strike, the door - well, not entirely - was destroyed. the human the same height as me dropped their axe.

gulping, i crawled back as the human reaches out to me.

i swear i heard "it's okay. i won't hurt you." from them as they motioned for me to come closer.

i stared at the holes through the paper bag they wore over their head.

after a few seconds, i realized that they might have had their act on, and they might harm me.

i slowly crawled towards the human. they appeared to be a boy.

he had his palm open, practically saying that he wants to be friends.

i reached out to his hand; his head seemed to perk up at my sign.

i prepared to sprint upstairs.

grabbing his hand, i moved the boy aside and sprinted.