Chapter 25

"Do you want to get any snacks first?" Summer asked me when we closed our car doors, having parked beside one another and I nodded, slipping my hands beneath my oversized brown sweater. "Yeah, maybe a cold drink or something." I say, rubbing a hand down my throat since it was kinda sore.

I look around, seeing the numerous amount of cars and almost scoff. People wouldn't come here for their day classes but they'd most definitely come for a football game.

Eyes the cameraman, a frown gracing my lips as I wondered how the hell Karsen was right now. He was probably flooded with anxiety, pacing up and down, smoking somewhere even if he shouldn't be. I would phone him and check on him but I think it'd be better to just let him feel it through and release all the anxiety when he's actually playing on field.

When we get to a truck like set up we get two cold drinks in the takeaway cups before we made our way to the football field bleachers that were already mostly filled up.

Summer's cheerleader friends had got her the tickets so when we got to the front they'd passed it to her and she took it with a smile, passing me one before we walked in and I looked around the much too overcrowded place even if it was huge down here. 

It was dark since it was night time but the all around lights made it look like it was just around the afternoon, so many people filled on both sides of the bleachers from the right and the left that I almost wanted to turn back around, walk to my car, and leave.

But of course I told Summer i'd be here with her, so instead of listening to my thoughts I just lingered next to her, listening to her speak but everyone is so loud that I can barely actually hear anything she'd said.

We walk up the stairs beside the bleachers and find a spot near the front close to the cheerleaders which is close to the center, people greeting Summer and some even politely taking note of me with her and greeting me too, I just smiled back in return till we get to the spot and I sink down into the seat, sighing softly to myself.

I wore a jersey, a skirt and my see through tights, and thankfully I did because people were practically rubbing on my side. I ignored it and sipped on my cold drink through the straw.

"What time did the guys have to be here?" I asked Summer who was sipping on her own cold drink and she looked to me, licking her lips. "Usually they come an hour or two early." She says as she pulls her phone out from her own jacket, showing me the screen, "The games gonna start anytime now though."

I nod, its just a few minutes past start time.

"You coming to the after party? If they win?"

I shake my head, "I don't think so." I say that instead of a direct, no, to soften the blow, but truth was I did think about going, and just really didn't want to.

"Why?" She practically whines as she grabs my forearm and tugs me closer to her and I snort as she wraps her arms around my shoulders, laying her head there, he cold drink dangling in her hand, "You're like my only friend Adrienne."

I raise a brow, looking to her, "Karsen?"

"Shh." She hushes me, stroking my head and I cant help but laugh a little causing her to join in too, "Guilting me isn't gonna work Summer."

She sighs dramatically, "It was worth a try though"

Im just about to reply when we hear cheering and screaming and I almost shriek at how loud it is.