New Friends

Chapter 1

Abigail Rogers pulled the cap she was wearing further down to hide her face as she walked past a group of people. Coming back to New York was a risk, but is he couldn't help her, she didn't know who would be able to. She walked around the corner and looked up at the five story building across the street. She glanced both ways before crossing the street and walking up to the door. She took a deep breath to steady herself before she pushed it open. She glanced around the ornate room as the door shut behind her.

"You shouldn't even know about this place." The voice drew her attention and she looked to the top of the stairs in front of her. The man was hovering just above the ground, looking down at her. He was dressed in deep blue, with a red cape and yellow gloves.

"It's hard to hide things from a telepath." She shrugged with a small smile on her face.

Steven Strange chuckled and glided down to the bottom of the staircase, stopping just in front of her. "What are you doing here Miss Rogers?"

"I need your help."

That seemed to surprise him. "What could you possibly need my help with?"

"I lost control, for the first time in years. I nearly killed Tony Stark." Abi's voice broke and she bit her lip to stop the tears that threatened to spill.

"And you think I can-"

"Help me control it." She took a step closer to him. "My power isn't only tied to my energy levels, it's tied to my emotions as well."

He studied her face. "You lose control of your emotions, you lose control of your powers." Abi nodded to him and he furrowed his brow in thought. "Alright. I think I can help. When do you want to start?"

Abi smiled. "How about right now?"