The Hulk

Chapter 9

Abi sat crossed legged on the floor of the Hulk's 'room'. Room being a loose term as it did actually have an electronic cell door. She hadn't been able to get much out of the Hulk, and his mind was not exactly filled with many thoughts. So, instead she was making idle talk with the healers who were tending Thor, who was lying on the floor in the middle of the room. The healers didn't have much important information but they did help her get more of an overview of the planet as a whole.

They were changing the bandages on Thor's chest when he gasped and woke. They all got to their feet with an exclamation before running out of the room.

"Good morning, sparkles." Abi smiled at him as he looked at her with wide eyes.

He grunted in pain as he pulled the bandages off and tried to get to his feet.

"Hey, take it easy." She got up and grabbed his shoulder to steady him.

"Where are we?" He looked around the red and white striped room before noticing his breast plate and pulling it on.

"Well-" She started before they were both distracted by the splashing behind him.

The Hulk moved out of the shadows in the hot tub that was built into the side of the room.

Thor raised his hands. "Are we cool?" The Hulk nodded and Thor turned back to Abi. "It's Hulk in a hot tub."

"I am aware." She muttered and moved to sit down on the sofa.

"So how long have you been like that?" Thor asked the Hulk as he walked over to the window.

"Like what?"

"Like this." Thor gestured to him. "Big and green, and stupid."

Abi shot him a warning look.

"Hulk always Hulk." He growled.

"How'd you get here?" Thor gazed out of the window at the city beneath them.

"Winning."

"You mean cheating, huh? Were you wearing one of these when you won?" Thor pulled down his collar to reveal the device on his neck. "How'd you arrive here?"

The hulk mimed a plane flying and crashing with his hands.

"The Quinjet." Abi said.

"Where's the Quinjet now?" Thor asked.

The Hulk started getting up to get out of the hot tub, Abi turned the other way already knowing what was coming, but Thor didn't.

"That's naked." He chuckled nervously and turned to look at Abi. "He's very naked. It's in my brain now."

"Quinjet." The Hulk pointed out of the window.

Thor went over the window to look before turning to Abi. "Do you think we could use it to get out of here?"

"I don't know. It depends on what condition it's in."

"Right, lets get out of this terrible, awful place." Thor pulled on his gloves. "You're both going to love Asgard. It's big. It's golden. Shiny."

"Hulk stay."

"No, no, no. My people need me to get back to Asgard. We must prevent Ragnarok."

"Ragnarok?" The Hulk asked, munching on a piece of fruit.

"The prophesised death of my home world. The end of days, it's the end of-" The Hulk cut him off with a yawn. He turned back to Abi. "A little help here."

"What exactly did you think I was doing while you were lying unconscious on the floor?"

Thor sighed and turned back to the Hulk. "If you help me get back to Asgard, I can help you and Abi get back to Earth, huh?"