An Old Friend and an Old Enemy

A/N: I re-watched Black Panther yesterday and realised my timings were wrong, so I've changed them in the last chapter and changed them here. So, you might just want to re-read the last chapter :)

________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 4

Okoye dropped her on the same rooftop she had picked her up from. Abi walked down the fire escape onto the streets and went to make a beeline straight for the Sanctum, but something else caught her attention. At first she couldn't tell what it was and glanced around her to see if there was something she had missed. Then it clicked, she closed her eyes, blocked out the sounds of the real world and listened to all the thoughts drifting around her. She ignored all the thoughts about breakfast, missing their trains and work presentations, and found the one she was looking for; the person thinking about his father, Odin.

"Hi, would you mind taking a picture with us?" A girl approached Thor and Abi hung back so as not to be recognised.

"Oh, sure." He smiled for the picture before turning to Loki. "Start figuring out where he is."

"Sorry to hear that Jane dumped you." The other girl said.

"She didn't dump me, you know. I dumped her. It was a mutual dumping."

"I'm sure it was." Abi stood in between the both of them. "Any particular reason you've brought him back to this planet?" She jabbed her finger in Loki's direction.

"It's nice to see you again too, Abigail." Loki said.

Thor went to say something to her, but a circle of sparks started circling Loki's feet. Thor looked him up and down. "What's this? What are you doing?"

"This isn't me." Loki looked at Thor before dropping through the floor with an exclamation.

Thor looked around before looking at Abi.

"C'mon, I know who that was." Abi told him and started walking.

"It's good to see you again, are the other Avengers also nearby?" Thor looked around as if he expected Steve to jump out from behind a Dumpster.

"Not exactly." She didn't have the heart to tell him what had happened. "So, you've lost your father."

"Well, Loki lost him actually, after pretending to be him to steal the throne, again."

"In here." She pushed open the door to the Sanctum. They both went to step through but they were suddenly standing on the second floor. "Was that really necessary?"

"You're about a year, three months and four days late."

They turned to find the source of the voice and found Strange hovering in front of the window. He glided across the staircase towards them. Thor held out his umbrella menacingly.

"Thor Odinson. God of Thunder." Strange looked at the umbrella. "You can put down the umbrella."

Thor glanced to the side and found an umbrella rack. He dropped the umbrella into it and then the three of them were stood in a different part of the room. Thor smiled at Strange before walking forwards and picking up part of one of the relics. With Strange and Thor's attentions on each other, Abi took the opportunity to slip a sling ring from the table behind her into her pocket, she didn't know why, she just had a feeling she might be needing soon.

"So, earth has, uh, wizards now." Thor gestured towards Strange with the end of the thing he had picked up. He tried to slot it back into the holder but caused the rest of them to fall out and clatter onto the table. He hastily tried to pick them all up as both Abi and Strange raised an eyebrow.