Sakaar

Chapter 6

Abi couldn't tell up from down. She didn't know how long she had been falling for, but it felt like an eternity. After what felt like hours, she fell through a wormhole and suddenly there was ground beneath her. She went racing towards the ground. She held out her hands caught herself and set herself gently down. She rested her hands on her knees and willed herself not to throw up. When the nausea had passed, she straightened up.

She was surrounded by piles of scrap, and more was falling out of the numerous wormholes scattered across the sky. Some of the items scattered around she recognised, others were completely foreign to her. More scrap started falling towards her, so she decided it was time to move. She flew to the top of one of the piles of trash and looked around. There was what looked like a city in the distance and she decided that it was probably her best bet and trying to find a way back home. She couldn't help but laugh. Two days ago she was worrying about travelling to New York, now she was stuck in space, on god knows what planet, without either of the people who had got her into this mess in the first place.

A siren going off pulled her out of her thoughts. She watched as a ship flew towards her and landed in a gap between the piles of scrap. The doors opened and a bunch of people in masks got out. One glance inside their heads and she knew what they wanted. She flexed her shoulders before throwing out her hand. Their ship was encased in a blue glow and as they turned to look at it, she pulled her hand back towards her. The ship went crashing into them all. She didn't hang around to watch them trying to dig themselves out. She took off and started flying towards the city.

She decided the tallest, grandest looking building was probably the best way to find out who was in charge of this garbage planet she had landed on. She landed on a balcony and was scanning peoples minds when one in particular caught her attention.

She flicked her wrist and the doors slammed open. The people in the room turned to look at her, but she had tunnel vision and barely noticed them. Loki had seen her and was starting to back up. She raised a hand and took him off his feet before flicking her wrist and slamming him into a wall.

"Abigail! You're alive! It was a mistake-"

"A mistake!" She laughed. "You know, being stuck in Norway would have been bad enough, but being stuck somewhere in space!"

She heard the charging of weapons behind her and swept her free hand in an arch. There were several screams and crashes as the men holding the weapons were thrown backwards. She felt her eyes turning blue and the coming charge of energy, and stopped. Loki dropped to the floor and quickly scrambled to his feet.

"I am sorry, really. But it could be worse, you could be dead." Loki tried to smile, his eyes focused on her hands, still cautious about being thrown into another wall.

"Where are we?"

"Well, my dear, you are on the planet Sakaar." She turned to find a very elaborately dressed man and a heavily armored woman stood behind her.

"That's some power you've got there." The woman said, looking between her and the people still getting off the floor.

"Grandmaster, this is a friend of mine, Abigail Rogers from the planet Earth." Loki moved forward so he was standing next to her. If you don't want to be forced to fight in an arena, play nice.

I always play nice.

He gave her a side eye.

"Well any friend of Loki's is welcome here. Please make yourself at home." He walked away as something else caught his attention.

"How long have you been here?"

"A week or two. Time works differently here." Loki added as Abi's eyes went wide.

"So, what happens now?" She took the drink that Loki held out.

"We blend in until a situation arises for us to take advantage of."

Abi sighed. "Alright, to going from enemies to allies then." She held up her glass and Loki knocked his against it with a smile.