39 | querida

things weren't awkward after stiles and i had sex at eichen house.

[ 4.01 ]

The bodies were packed tightly into the club like sardines. The music played so loud that one could hardly think — though Willow's thoughts were racing, going over the plan repeatedly.

She didn't let her eyes wander to Stiles and Lydia as they passed her body on the dance floor. Neither did she look at Scott, Kira, and Malia who were also stationed around the club. As she danced with a group of girls whose names she didn't even know, Willow thought back on what led them here.

To Mexico.

Stiles, when Willow never came home to have that talk, had a bad feeling. After all that had happened in the past few weeks, he couldn't help but be suspicious. So, he grabbed Scott and the pair rushed to Derek's loft.

It was there that they found Willow, still unconscious, lying in a heap on the floor. And Derek was nowhere in sight.

The two boys managed to wake Willow, but she didn't have any answers for them. The attack was a blur in her mind, and she couldn't recall who was there or what happened. But several hours had passed between Derek disappearing and them finding her.

So, with Lydia, the four of them met at the animal clinic. They had to make a plan to find him, but in order to do that, they had to somewhat understand what happened.

"The alarm was on. Everything looked okay aside from Willow. But then, we found these," Scott told Lydia. He put a silver cup full of bullet casings on the table in between them. "So, I sent a picture of it to Deaton. He said that it's the mark of a family of Hunters based out of Mexico — the Calaveras."

"What would they want with Derek?" Lydia asked.

"They're the same hunters that kidnapped him and Peter," Willow recalled. "They wanted something from him then too."

"You don't think they killed him, do you?" Stiles asked. The mere thought of it made Willow flinch.

"I - I don't know," Scott muttered, glancing at Lydia. "That's why you're here."

Lydia took a deep breath before nodding. She ran a finger around the rim of the cup before reaching in and grabbing a handful of casings. Then she shut her eyes and dropped them on the table. Gunshots and Derek's screams echoed in her head.

"Lydia, what?" Scott asked eagerly, seeing how her face shifted. "Is he dead?"

"No," she said, still frowning. "But I'm not sure he's alive, either."

"What does that mean?" Willow asked, her eyes watering and voice going up an octave.

Lydia looked at her sympathetically, knowing she didn't have the answers that Willow was desperate for. "I don't know. There's something not right. I just, I don't know."