welcome to paradise

"Todays the big day," was the cliche sentence that invaded your thoughts with a burst of motivation as you frantically scurried around your childhood home grabbing and stuffing last minute belongings either into your car or the moving van.

A familiar and gentle hand lightly rested upon your shoulder blade. The tension within your body loosens ever so slightly. Turning to face where the source of relaxation was emanating from, you had already sensed that you knew who it was.

"Hey, relax y/n. I know this is a big change, but the two of us have been through so many changes together over the years. Which is just the thing, you're not going through the change alone. You're my constant, and we are figuring it out together. So please breathe. It's gonna be okay."

Your best friend Mikasa always knew just what to say and do when you'd spiral into a anxious mess.

Taking a deep breath, you inhale and exhale lighting closing then reopening your eyes. You then smile and nod back at Mikasa, "Thanks Mika, I needed that."

Pulling her into a tight embrace, "Are you ready?" You ask her as your arms are still encaging her in a hug.

"Let's do this, y/n." Mikasa confidently says while she returns your gesture and hugs you back.

You already loaded up everything Mikasa needed from her house, and had said yours as well as Mikasa's goodbyes to her family.
All that was left to do now, was say yours to your family. A very faint deafening pain washed over your chest as you locked eyes with the home you've lived at for the past 18 years of your life. Taking another deep breath to calm your nerves, you make your way back inside to say goodbye to your family.
However, you knew this wasn't goodbye forever or anything, but you also knew it would be a very long time before you'd see any of them again, especially considering that you'd be on the other side of the country. "From Marley to Paradis" you thought to yourself.

After about a good 15 more minutes of goodbyes, and your mother giving you all these last minute tips and things to remember as well as hugging you a thousand times as if she'd never see you again, and your dad and younger siblings trying to get her to stop hounding you... you and Mikasa are finally pulling out of the driveway, leaving to officially start a new chapter of your lives together.

"I cannot wait to finally meet Sasha in person!" Mikasa gleams in excitement.

"Me too, I can't believe I met her 2 years ago and we are finally going to see her." You say in total disbelief of the reality in front of you.

"Not only are we going to see her, but we are moving to Paradise y/n!" Mikasa reminds you again and you cannot help but smile back at her.

You had met Sasha online through a social media app which had become super popular around the transition between your sophomore and junior year of high school.
She had shown up on your feed because her content was "recommended" and you noticed she was getting attacked in her comments for expressing her opinions on her favorite tv shows. You getting annoyed while scrolling through the unnecessary comments, decided to defend Sasha by commenting and reminding everyone who had attacked her that everyone is entitled to their own opinions and she was never harming or forcing anyone to agree with her.

Sasha noticed how you had stood up for her and followed you, and you of course followed her back. Shortly after, you began direct messaging and clicked as friends instantly.
The more and more time you spent getting to know each other, the more you both had longed to meet in person.

Sasha would talk about her friends to you all of the time, and little did you know but she also talked about you just as much to her friends. The two friends you were most excited to meet of hers were Connie, and Armin.
Sasha had described Connie as a wholesome yet extremely daring goofball who often had little to no filter or good understandings of human social codes. However, she did mention how loyal and protective he was of the people and things that were special to him.
Armin, on the other hand, was very well mannered and overall sweet. He loved playing the piano, reading books, and traveling. Sasha told you that whenever he had free time he was volunteering at an animal shelter downtown. He was also known for his intelligence and very matured intellect for his age. Sasha gets all of her best advice from him.