serendipity

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Trigger warning: Talks involving and action of SH
Quick note: I wanted to apologize for the change in structure of writing in the previous chapter. I'm not sure why I changed it but from here on out the writing will go back to how it was in the first two chapters. Italicized words in quotes are y/n's thoughts, and everything else will not be in italics.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Fate and serendipity are two different things. I believe a person has a fated futuristic outcome based on their personal choices, actions, and the path they take.
However, serendipity is when you collide paths with someone or something unexpectedly numerous times and it ends up bringing both parties comfort.
Fate and serendipity are two different things."

Today is your first official day as what some people would declare you as a bagel girl.

You only have one class today and it's at 2:30 with Professor Smith in Calculus Problem solving: Math 101
Your shift at Einstein's is from 7:30-12:30 so you have just enough time to go back to your dorm, shower, change, and find your class.

Marco texted you earlier and told you that you'd be receiving your uniform polo, apron, and visor today at work and to just wear a pair of jeans, and a random shirt until you get there.

So you do.

You slick your hair back into a bun, brush your teeth, apply mascara, chapstick, and a tiny bit of blush, then slip on a pair of dark washed jeans, a "I survived an Italian father" junky shirt that you stole from your father before moving to paradis, slip on your shoes, then head out to the university's commons.

Over on Marley the start of school was always unreasonably hot, you hated the heat.
Your favorite time of year was the transition from summer to fall.
(Fall being your favorite season of course)
This was mainly due to how beautiful the colors of the trees were, the seasonal scents, the holidays surrounding fall, and the fact you could get away with wearing almost whatever because it wasn't too hot nor too cold.
Sasha had told you numerous times about how the weather was on paradis and you were jealous. She had told you that most of the time the weather sat at an average temperature of 65 degrees while at the peak of summer it would maybe reach the high 80's.

Now that you are here, you could feel it. The air almost smells cleaner when it's not humid, and the breeze always dances on the nape of your neck at the right times.

"Walking through this campus will NEVER get old."

"Hey! Y/n wait up!" A voice calls from a close distance behind you.

Stopping your pace of direction, you spin around on your heels to face the familiar voice.

You smile, "Jean."

"Hurry up playboy! I have places to be." You tease him.

Jean smirks at your comment, and lightly jogs over to you.

When he stops next you, you both continue walking, now side by side and in the original direction you were going before.

You glance upward at Jean and see him running his fingers through his mullet, trying to fix his slightly messy hair after catching up with you.

"Sorry, out of breath." He honestly tells you as he tries to slow his breathing.

"Huh? That's funny." You giggle.

"And why's that funny miss?" He nudges you.

"The playboy out of shape? You lightly jogged over to me, is someone not getting much action these days?" You tease and nudge him right back.