pluto projector

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~TW: Talks of Drug & Alcohol abuse, violence, physical abuse, self harm, medical illness, death, Cheating, and depression.
Please skip over or do not read if these topics trigger you. There will be a "⚠️" before any of these topics are discussed.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As you led Eren around campus in search of the music hall, he followed close behind you.

Once again, you were both and complete utter silence. The tension in the thick static air could cut through steel.

"Y/n." Eren calls from behind you.

You turn to face him with a "what?" Expression in your face.

"Practice rooms are down that hall." Eren tells you.

As if he had read your mind that you haven't had a chance to explore this building yet, and had no idea where to go next.

You couldn't let him know that though, could you?

"I know manbun, I'm the one that brought you here, remember?" You tease.

You walk down the music hall and enter the seventh room which was the first vacant practice room you had come across.

You sit down at the piano, turn it on, then inhale a deep breath before you finger allign to the proper keys.

Pluto projector - Rex Orange County
⇆ㅤ ||◁ㅤ❚❚ㅤ▷||ㅤ ↻

You begin to play the chord progression in the only song you know on piano.

Tears well up in your eyes as you play, your body acting against your mind.

Eren watches you play in reverence. At first, he is only watching your hands elegantly glide across the keys of the piano, not hesitating or having to plan out where or what key to press down on next. Then, his eyes linger up your figure and notice the inaudible tears trickle down your cheeks.

"How can someone play something so beautiful and cry?" He wonders.

Once the chord progression is over, you try to continue the song, but you play a wrong key and out of frustration, you stop playing altogether.

"Sorry, I don't know the rest." You admit.

He says nothing, he just stares at you. Examining the moisture on your cheeks, and how bright the color of your eyes grew after crying.

He gets up and walks over towards you, "scoot." He points a finger to the right side of the piano bench and orders you to move over so he can sit.

You furrow your eyebrows, but obey.

Now seated next to you, Eren continues to finish the rest of the song.

You heart flutters. When you notice the buzzing feeling in your chest your mind starts to run, shutting out the sound of the piano.

"Why am I feeling like this? It's probably because he's the last person I would expect to know how to play piano. Yet again, he did know where the practice rooms were... he plays so beautifully, just like she used to.."

You wipe the remaining wetness from the tears off of your face, and sit in silence until the song is done.

When Eren finishes you turn to face him, "I didn't know you could play."