R I C H A R D C A M E R O N !

tw ! alcohol use

Sneaking out was a strong suit for the Dead Poets. No matter how uptight and uniform they seemed, they knew how to succeed in doing fun things. They were your partners in crime. And the "crime" for this particular Friday night was going out to a party.

  Chris, Knox's crush, invited him and the rest of the group to her party. Not really being invited to much things like that, y'all were nervous. Neil was a confident boy, he was easy in social situations, as was Charlie. Knox had Chris. Steven and Gerard were alright, but if all else fails they have each other to talk too. Todd would tag along and was okay with hanging out with any of the group. You of course adored the thought of partying with your friends and getting to know Chris. But, Richard Cameron was uptight and was usually the voice of reason in these situations.

"Can we do this and succeed? Mr. Nolan will notice when 8 of us are missing on a Friday night. Someone will notice, this is dumb-" Cameron sputtered out but was cut off by you. "What, Cam? You scared to have a little fun? I was hoping we could dance." You flirted lightly, putting your hand on his chest and leaning into him. Cam did not take that well, turning red and flinging your hand off. The boys laughed awkwardly, used to your bold acts. You liked to tease the boys like that, knowing they haven't had a lot of action.

"Well, Cam, you can't say no to that invite can you, man? I say we leave around 12:00. Pittsie, if we find you in your bed asleep, we have permission to prank you." Charlie ordered playfully. You all agreed.

The time came, and the night was clear and cold. But you had warm spirits. Teen drinking and partying was apart of the high school experience, even if you happened to be at a stern boarding school.

Wearing a light brown sweater, black jeans, and flats, you stepped out into the hall. Not the usual party outfit, but you didn't care. Your hair was down and styled pretty. Well as pretty as you could manage with what supplies you had. The boys were dressed sharp. Although Cameron was reluctant to the idea of partying, he looked really handsome.

After sneaking out, and maybe tripping over Neils shoe as you ran, you made it to Chris' house. Loud music was heard all throughout the house. With Charlie leading the way, you all stepped through the door. Chris came through, her cheeks rosy and her smile bright. " Hey guys! Welcome, come in. You can put your coats anywhere, have fun. Knox, could you come here?" Chris slurred out, smiling.

The group split apart, girls and boys taking interest in them. New kids at a party meant a lot of conversations and drinks were going to be shared. You walked through the rooms of the house, a nervous smile on my face. Turning around, you saw Cameron alone.
"Come on. We're gonna have fun." You called out, and he followed.

•••••••••

You were a couple drinks in, and you were most definitely feeling it. Cameron was stuck trailing behind you all night while you socialized. You got more confident the more you drank. You saw the members of the Dead Poets Society scattered throughout the house and they enjoyed the show. You smiling broadly and stumbling around, and Cameron looking worried and annoyed but still continuing to follow you.

While downing the rest of your 5th beer, your favorite song blasted throughout the house. Couples stopped what they were doing and starting to dance together. "Y/N, whatever you wanna ask me, no."
Cameron grumbled. Maybe it was the alcohol or something else, but you grabbed his hand a lead him to the dancing area. Cameron sighed, but he followed. You didn't mean to push him to things he didn't want to do. But he had a small smile on his face, so you kept going. You put his hands around your waist and you leaned into him, your hands snaking around his neck. "Y/N, I think your drunk." Richard chuckled. "I think you need to relax and enjoy yourself for once." You responded, voice low.

He eased himself, you felt his shoulders loose their tension. The song was almost over and you moved your head from his shoulder. He was so beautiful. Yeah, he is kind of a grump, but you found it a little funny. "When you look at me that way, I feel things I don't particularly like. Like, my stomach is flipping right now and I hate this." Cameron admitted. "Then why aren't you pulling away, Cam?" You whispered into his ear, your lips grazing his neck. "All night you've driven me crazy. Cut the bullshit, Y/N. You're drunk, you don't mean what you think you mean. Don't give me false hope." Cameron said.

That sobered you a little. Was this a game? Didn't you flirt with all the guys? Was Cameron different?

Yes, he was. In the moments where he wasn't being a stiff asshole, he was sweet. Helping you when you needed it, walking with you when you were alone. He had hung out with you many times in the common room. Playing cards or reading. He was your friend. You personality was a little flirty, but that doesn't mean you couldn't take relationships and feelings seriously.

"Cam, when I wake up tomorrow and I'm hung-over, I know the person I can call on is you. Whenever I'm absolutely down and need a shoulder to cry on, I know where to find you. You've been my friend forever but you've also been a crush. I know how I act with all the boys and I know it may be perceived as strange, but I can take this serious. God, if there's any relationship I would take more serious than anything, it would be ours." You gasped out. "You think there could even be an "us"?" Cameron asking sadly. You kissed his cheek. "Most definitely." You said, smiling.

Cameron smiled and continued to dance with you. And the next day when you were over all the nights activities, you finally got together.

an: sorry if this was complete trash. me thinks the world needed more Richard Cameron content though. Did I deliver? Barely :D