C H A R L I E D A L T O N !

You had been eyeing each other all night long. The cave where you and the poets went to share stories and literature wasn't the roomiest of places, so the boys could definitely sense the tension between you and the overly-confident, snarky Charlie Dalton.

But how does one get to be in this situation? For you, it was because you were Mr. Keating's daughter, Todd's closest friend, and a total "annoyance" to Charlie. Or so you thought. All throughout the year, sly comments were thrown between the two of you. It all started whenever you were brought to school by your father. He let you help him pass out papers and things like that. Little did Mr. Keating know, but that was probably a mistake. While passing papers to the students, multiple boys were eyeing you. Finally reaching the back of the room, you were met with a annoyingly handsome teen with captivating eyes.

"And who might you be, sweetheart?" Charlie whispered under his breath, never taking his eyes off you. Your eyes went wide and blush dusted over your cheeks. "I see you like that. How about I make you blush even harder tonight in my room?" He leaned closer from his seat. You dropped the remaining papers as your mouth opened in shock. "Are you crazy?" Your voice echoed in the quiet room, all eyes on you now. Charlie furrowed his eyebrows in embarrassment and humiliation, and swatted you away. "Dalton, don't scare her away! Here, Y/N. Let me pass out the rest of the papers." Your father offered. You handed him the papers and went outside of the classroom. Feeling slightly hot and bothered and most definitely annoyed, you took a breather in the hall. That incident led to many similar ones with Charlie.

Those incidents usually were harmless but enough to get under your skin. Throwing paper at you, stealing your books (which Todd always retrieved for you). But with each encounter, thoughts emerged. Thoughts of Charlie's brown hair and how it fell perfectly on his face. His smart-ass personality that was somehow attractive to you. Of course he annoyed you all the time, but was never hurtful or outright rude to you. And the comment he made the first day you met played throughout your mind all the time. Charlie was as hot as he was mischievous.
You had to admit it. So, with each incident, you made sure to get him back. Catching his eyes whenever you were at Welton, a look of lust that left him silently reeling.Then acting clueless and stand-offish to drive him crazy. That is how you almost always had the upper hand with him.

Now, in present day, you sat across from Charlie in the cave. Neil was giving the last remarks before going back to Welton. You brushed off some imaginary dust from your skirt, trying to seem occupied. But somehow, your eyes kept finding Charlie's dark, brown eyes. Was he... smirking? No, no, he definitely was not. God, if he wasn't so narcissistic, things I would let him do to me...

"Y/N? Hey, any words you wanna say before we go? It's getting super late now." Neil tapped you on the shoulder lightly, bringing you back to reality. "What? Oh, um. Nope. No." You sputtered out while smiling sheepishly at Neil. With that, the Dead Poets Society meeting ended for the night. While the boys were exiting the cave, Charlie lingered. You were turning off some of the flashlights, extinguishing some of the handheld lanterns you all brought. Very few lights were lit and the cave was dim. The air was wet and smelled of earth. Turning around to get your bag, you bumped into a firm body. Charlie.

"Hey, watch it." You muttered out, shoving past him. He stopped you, grabbing your wrist firmly. Your heart jumped and you looked at him wide eyed. "I know you saw me looking at you tonight." Charlie murmured, looking at you in the eye just like the day you first interacted. "Yeah, you and all the others saw you basically undressing me with your eyes." You teased, smirking rudely at him. He spun you around fully to him, your bodies suddenly chest to chest, very close. In this moment, it felt like your body was dipped in fire. Feelings of annoyance, confusion, and a feeling you didn't want to name overwhelmed you. This was Charlie, though. He had to be playing around. Right?