Romeo and Juliet ( pt 1 ) NEIL PERRY!

The local theatre was in full production of the spring play "Romeo and Juliet". Neil was already familiar with Shakespeare, thanks to his performance as Puck and also learning some other sonnets from his beloved English teacher, Mr. Keating. He was elated that he got cast as Romeo, he was a fan of the romantic era of plays and just acting in general.

The theater director had held the auditions for two days, so when Neil saw Y/N L/N cast as Juliet, he was curious. He had never seen or heard of them before. Maybe they went to Henley Hall? Maybe they went to Welton? He had never talked to you before, let alone seen you. Along with being curios, he was nervous. He would have to act completely smitten for you and, of course, kiss you. The acting wasn't the problem, he could do that with ease. But having a first kiss that's not even real? He was apprehensive but wouldn't let it stop his performance.

" Alright everyone! Please gather to the stage for our first instruction. That means everyone! Please hurry!", the director ushered. The doors burst open, and Neil thought he saw an angel. The way their eyes lit up of excitement and their gorgeous smile brightened the room. "Oh! Our Juliet! Come on to the stage, Y/N," the director smiled. Y/N trotted up the steps and stayed to the side, quiet but had an aura of pure bliss and loveliness.

Neil felt the breath get sucked out of him whenever it was announced the gorgeous person entering was his Juliet. He was 10 times more nervous. A splash of pink dusted over his cheeks and he looked down at his shoes. He glanced over to Y/N, and they were already looking at him, softly smiling. "Hi" they mouthed, with a smirk. Neil looked down embarrassed. He quietly laughed and waved. Wow, Neil thought, they are nice! This is going to be so fun.

" So, for an ice breaker, I want you to pair up with someone. Ask about them, look them in the eye, get to know them. These are the people you will spend the next two months with working to a goal. Break!" the director yelled. Y/N and Neil both made a beeline for each other. They went to edge of the stage and sat down. It didn't go unnoticed by either of them that their legs were touching.

        " Hi! I'm Y/N, and you're Neil Perry! It's so nice to finally talk to you. You did A Midsummer Night's Dream! Your Puck was one of the best." They gushed. Neil blushed harder than before, the room suddenly seeming hotter. " Oh, wow. I don't even know what to say, but thank you! So, are you a fellow thespian?" Neil asked, obviously smitten. " Of course, I've done a lot of productions in my old town, but I just moved here not too long ago." Y/N explained, thumbing the ring they wore on their right ring finger.

     As time went by, they both got to know each other very well. Neil of course went into a whole tangent about his life at Welton and his amazing friends. Although all different dynamics, they all made a very fun friend group. He explained his life changing English teacher, and how it has affected his year so far. Y/N went into their own tangent about their life and love for literature and theater, their family, and their old life before a new town. Neil couldn't help but admire their laugh that rang throughout the auditorium, how striking their eyes were, their beautiful smile and soft lips. He grew more excited to be acting with them. But not just because their looks, their personality. Bubbly and bright, but also reserved in a very mysterious way. He had to become this persons friend, and if was lucky enough, they would be closer some day. But he found himself wanted to savor them in every way, and become bathed in their presence.

Little did he know, but they felt the same way.

After the icebreaker, and some line reads, practice was over. The sun had well set and the moon was high. The bite of winter had gone and the promise of warm nights was ahead as Neil and Y/N walked onto the sidewalk. " I had a lot of fun with you, Neil. I'm very happy we get to do this all the time." Y/N quietly said, softly smiling. Neil stood in awe at their beauty, and once again found himself starstruck that he got to know such a person. " Me too. I don't want this night to end but I know we have so many more practices. But I was, uh- I was wondering if maybe you would wanna go to lake Friday evening with me? We could sit and talk some more, maybe get milkshakes afterwords. My treat." Neil offered, surprised at the burst of confidence that he had.

Y/N gasped slightly and silently laughed. Neil had a feeling of dread. Rejection? It couldn't be! " I was hoping you would ask. I really like you, Neil Perry. A lot. I'll meet you there by 7." Y/N said, and shook his hand, held it for a second, and dropped it. Neil's negative thoughts were silenced as he watched them walk away. He was in for a whirlwind of closeness with the person he adored in such a short amount of time.

AN: hey yallll sorry I've been done for a millennia. I really missed writing and will get back to it. For now my Neil stans are getting fed.
Thank you all for the love
- Ally 🤍📖