N E I L P E R R Y !

Waiting again. Waiting is all you seemed to do these days. The first half of the school year had come and gone, and it was (mostly) amazing. Your boyfriend, Neil, had aced his part in a Midsummer Nights Dream as Puck! You enjoyed watching him come out of his shell this year alongside all of his pals.

The part that sucked about Neil's acting career was the waiting. Waiting to hear if he got his part, waiting for opening night, and waiting for play-practice to end. You sat in a chair near the back of the auditorium and watched Neil and a girl go over their lines for the next play: The Taming of the Shrew. Another Shakespeare play, and Neil got the male lead. You were totally proud of him, but sad because this cut into both of your free time. So, there you sat with your arms crossed and watching the time tick on your watch.

Neil cut a few nervous glances to you from the stage. He was wearing a black sweater that made him look so good, it was hard to be upset with him. You felt your source of anger a little irrational, but you were in the mood to pick a fight. Once this practice ended, you were going to tell him how you felt.

_________

Practice came and went, and on the walk back to Welton, Neil knew something was up. "Y/nnnnnnn, don't do this, please. You know I love acting. This is my seizing my own day, my destiny." Neil whined, looking down at you. You cut him a look, and kept walking. You passed by the lake where you two had your first kiss, your first "date". You wanted to smile at that memory, but chose to be stubborn. It was night by now, and curfew was soon.

Neil walked alongside you, not knowing what to say. What was to be said, anyways? He wasn't going to quit acting, so there was no solution in sight. Of course there was, but your mood was not letting you think of that possibility right now. "Y/n, I promise we can spend extra time together on the weekends. Just talk to me, at least." Neil grabbed your hand, stopping you. You looked at him, and frowned. "Neil, I just need you to see where I am coming from. I have to sit and watch you act alongside other people, people that I feel like see you more than I do! What's gonna happen when we graduate? This is our time now, and it's already halfway over!" You cried out, releasing your pent up frustration.  Neil looked at you like you had grown three heads. "What? Why are you mad at the people that I'm acting with? Oh, is this about the girl you saw me acting with earlier? Because, Y/N, the thing is, we're acting!" Neil fought back, defending himself. Okay, maybe you were a little mad that some girls were spending more time with him than you were. You knew they were just acting, but a part of you held a sense of jealousy you couldn't let go. You were very possessive of Neil and you just wanted him to be the same way. 

"You- you've got to be kidding me, Neil. This is more than that. It's the time we are missing out on, not some girl! Why, should I be worried?" You responded, just trying to blow off steam now. All of this arguing was getting you worked up, leaving you feeling hot and bothered. Neil looked down at you, his breathing becoming shallow. He wanted to get his point across and so did you. At this point you were both frustrated.  Neil continued to stare at you, as if daring you to speak another word.

"Oh, now you're quiet. So what, am I right then? Did I hit the nail on the head? You know what, I hope you enjoy all the time spent away from me, I'll just go hang out with Charlie!" You yelled out, knowing what you just said crossed a line. Charlie and Neil were best friends, but Neil did not want you hanging out with Charlie alone. He was a good guy, but also a ladies man. And little did you know, but Neil was crazier about you than you were about him. This got Neil even more riled up, but he calmly leaned in and whispered in your ear in a deep voice.

"Does Charlie touch you like I touch you?"

Your eyes widened and a blush filled your cheeks. Neil went there. He knew that would make you break. Your knees felt week, and you looked at him with your mouth agape. Neil was never the type to say something like that in public, and you were shocked. "I cannot- Neil Perry! If we weren't on school grounds right now I would- mmmph!"

His lips captured yours mid comeback, and all frustration from the both of you melted into the kiss you shared. In contrast to his usual gentleness, Neil's lips moved roughly on yours, but you matched his pace with equal passion. His arms snaked around your waste and he held you close. Usually you would care if a teacher saw, but Neil's kiss made you think of nothing but his lips. You moaned into the kiss, and wrapped your hands around his neck, giving yourself fully to him. Neil gripped your hips with a ferocity, as to tell you that he was the one you belonged to. You both were channeling your frustrations into this kiss, and man, was it showing. Neil had never put his hands on you like this before, had never took this much control and dominance over you. But were you complaining? No! The anger slowly slipped away and what filled it's place was passion and yearning. Leave it to Neil to make you feel turned on in a place such as Welton.

You both stopped, and Neil moved his hands to cup your face, his thumb swiping over your now swollen lips. He smiled innocently, like he didn't just change the course of your relationship with him. "Now, why were we so mad again? Remind me, baby." He requested, knowing his effect on you. You looked at him and couldn't help but smile. "Uhh, haha. Nothing." You barely managed to get out.

Walking hand in hand back to the dorms, you eventually apologized for being irrational and said you would try to do better. He apologized too, and said he would definitely make more time for you. He kissed you goodnight and left you at your dorm, hearing the door closed as he walked away.

AN: Plz send me ideas 🙏🙏🙏🙏 I want to write more for you all during my holiday break. This is fun for me and I hope it is fun for you 🥰
- Ally 📖🤍