11. Project making a new restaurant .

Nisha ( POV )

Aditiya went office early. I left my girls in school. I am going to meet with Tanveer and together we are going to start our work.

I told her to come in the location and when I went in she was already their holding two large cups of coffee...must say she is a life saver.

" Thanks Darling you are a life saver. " I told her. We sat down on the only two surviving chairs. " Have you discussed with aditiya about our work? " she asked.

" Yes, Aditiya have given me number of a person who does renovation stuff. He will be here soon and once he looks at everything he is going to tell us the cost. " I informed her.

" Well thats good. Now about the food have you thought about what are we going to make here. Here in India we have such wide variety of food. Food is almost worshipped here...what are you going to cook here? I mean which food you're going to serve here. " she asked.

" That is my main concer Tanu...as I came here I saw that this place has coffee shops, desert shops, Chinese fast food shop...so I dont know what to do. But I think we can do a mini servey and see what people likes here most and we can start our business. " I told her and she nodded.

" Right that would be a good thing. We Can make a questioner and distribute it among people and from their response find out what they like to eat. " She said and that sounds like a good idea.

" what about people who cant read and write. " she asked and thats a valid question. If we are targeting building workers as our main customers than its not necessary that they know how to read.

" We can add pictures of the food in paper and than make them choose. " I told her and she looks surprised. She said " Their are more than thousand variety of food how many are you going to include ? " she asked.

" See we are not going to serve fast foods. So its going to be Thali system here. Now we have to see what people like more ' Roti sabji ', ' Rice thali ' or other dishes which are famous. See the thing we must maintain is quality and quantity and other things we can manage. " I told and she pulled out a list from her bag.

" These are the things we need to start a resturant and we still don't have. Its not going to be a cake walk for us. " she said and handed me the list and yes its a quite big one ( sure it is a big one ).

List of things which should be done.

1. Decide a name and logo for the resturant.

2. Decide about what type of food should be served.

3. Total amount for the renovation of the somehow surviving restaurant.

4. Finding vendors for supply of raw materials in affordable prices.

5. Cooks and waiters have to be hired and a salary for them have to be decided.

6. Finding cooking utensils in affordable prices.

7. Making connection with other hotels and restaurants for avoiding future arguments.

8. Finding out a signature style for ourselves.

9. Getting spices regularly in affordable prices for smooth running of restaurant.

10. We need licensees that we might require like : FSSAI, Liquor license (if we are selling liquor at our restaurant), health/trade license, eating house license, shop and establishment act, GST registration, approval from the fire department, lift clearance, music license, certificate from environmental clearance, and signage license.

11. Find out which resturants are doing good here and why and vise versa.

12. Have to plan a grand opening for our resturant.

13. We have to find agents for advertising our hotel in social media, posters...everywhere.

14. Find a designer to make beautiful menu for our restaurant.

" Thats a longggggg list " I told and she laughed. " Yes but we have to do everything written in it in order to succeeded sweetheart. " She and thats true.

" Mam " called someone, as we look we saw a small round man with a Charlie Chaplin moustache. " Yes how can I help you? " I asked him.

" Aditiya sir has send me here for renovation work. " he said. Oh thats him. I told him to get in and made him look around the place. Its quite big place and once renovated its going to look boom. He noted everything on a little diary.

" So what do you think? " I asked him. He shook his head in disapproval. " This place is in such a bad condition. Walls plaster is coming off, electric lines has been chewed up by rats, water pipes have completely got destroyed...leakage from different parts have started to show. Its a mess and is going to take time to repair. " he said, well thats bad.

" And how much will it cost for everything to be in good conditions? " I asked him. He calculated in his notepad and said " Its going to be six figure amount. " Its a lot but I think I can manage with my savings.

" And how much time will it take to finish the work? " I asked him. He again wrote messily in his pad than told " Its going to take three and half month to finish the work. " Well that long time but enough for me to do other stuffs before it.

" Good you start from tomorrow. And here is you advance " I paid him his advance and he left with it. I turned to tanu and told " we have to divide the work among us. You find out about business that goes here and I will start advertising for staff...specially cook. And as for the food we will serve here food like veg thali, chicken thali, Dosa, roti, sabji....and everything. Lets start our work. Contact our friends and tell them we are having a meeting again. We have to find more ideas about it. " I told tanu and she nodded. Hope things go well.