Chapter Four

A/N: Hi! I want to thank you so much for reading my story. I didn't expect that anyone would be interested read my story, especially in this dead Wattpad acc of mine lmao. You guys made me so happy. Because of that, here is an early update from my story. I usually update every Saturday but I'm making an exception now (just don't tell my IG followers cuz I'm not gonna upload this 'til Saturday on my page hahaha). Please tell me what you think about this story in the comments so I can improve or DM me on my Instagram @varchieshines 💜

Since Veronica is comforted that Archie is now safe and stable, she decides to go home and unwind about everything. That did not last because just hours after, Smithers brings in a very important persona that Veronica needs to satisfy her vengeance.

"Here he is, Ms Lodge," Smithers comes back a tad exhausted after days hunting for Hiram, as Veronica commands.

"Mija, why did you come looking for me? Did you miss your daddy?"

"Let's stop beating around the bush, shall we? Did you put the bomb under Archie's bed? Yes or no?"

"Why would I do that?"

"You tell me. You wouldn't stop hurting him since you go back here after being imprisoned in New York."

"Well, you know it. I have pretty good reasons for doing it."

"Like what?" Veronica raises her eyebrows.

"To have my baby girl back. You've hated me since you dated that redhead."

"That is such a pathetic way to have me back. Honestly, you could have had me back easily if only you'd been trustworthy enough and helped me raise my"— Veronica stops, "Anyways, it's too late now, and all that's left is to kill you, once and for all."

"Kill me? You won't do that," Hiram smirks.

"Test me?" Veronica smirks back.

"What for, though? I'm your father! You couldn't and shouldn't kill me! I'm your blood!"

"Sorry, daddy, but that's not gonna work for me now. It's the bolder, stronger, and wiser Veronica Lodge you're talking to now."

"What even happened to you? You used to love and care for me even at my worst. Why are you so strong now yet very cold?"

"Because raising a child alone is very hard and it taught me that I'm the only one I could really count on!" Veronica accidentally spills.

After minutes of awkward silence, Hiram swallows and bites his lips a bit, then says, "I know."

He is the one who's supposed to be shocked, but it is the other way around. Veronica is clueless that his father knows.

"What do you mean?"

"Mija, I am your father after all, and I can feel whatever's happening to my daughter."

"And you paid my doctor, didn't you? I knew I should have bribed him with a bigger amount of money!"

"Whatever you do, I will always find a way to know how you do."

"Well, did you tell Mom? Of course, you did, right? So you'll do something impressive to her for once!"

"I didn't" Those words make Veronica surprised.

"How will I know that it's true, or if any of this is even true?"

"For starters, you can call Hermione now and I can guarantee you that she'll talk to you as if you're still her precious little princess. And those dresses that are delivered every month to Aria that you both thought were from Chad were actually from me."

And so she calls her mom and confirms Hiram's claim. She starts tearing up more but still keeps her guard up from him.

"Why will you do that then?"

"Because I still and will always love you no matter what. I wanted to help you so badly in raising her when I found out, but I knew that you wouldn't let me, so I just spoiled her with expensive gifts."

"Why do you still love me if you have everything you need?" Money, fame, power..."

"Well, not everything if I don't have you. You're my utmost need. In fact, I desired to have them to have you."

Her cheeks rise and her eyes squinches out of confusion.

"Riverdale became destroyed, so Archie called you back here to rebuild this town."

"Oh, you, psycho."

"I know. I get everything I want by stepping on people's lives. And I don't want you nor my grandchild to be my next victim, so I think you should really kill me once and for all."

"What?" Veronica did not expect those words to come out from his father's mouth, considering how prideful he is.

"You heard me, mija."

"I don't want to."

"It's an order from your father!"

"You can't dictate to me on what to do more, daddy. As I said, I'm a different person now. And you were also right, I can't kill you despite everything 'cause you're still my blood!" Tears started to roll her eyes.

"But I'm doing this for you and your daughter—to protect you. Besides, I already got everything I want now—you claiming me as your father, still."

"I'm still not doing it. Kill yourself if you want to, but leave me out of it."

"Okay, I'll do it. Stay back." Hiram sighs.

"Wait. Are you actually out of your mind? You're a natural-born psycho but this is next level, daddy! Do not kill yourself because of us! I can protect me and my child, even from you! Is that really how small you think of me because I'm a female?"

"No, mija. I think you're too great for this world—too great that you do not deserve to dread your life everyday, afraid of what your father's gonna do next."

"You really don't have to do this," she hugs his father and whispers to his ears.

"But I want to," Hiram smiles.

Veronica knows that there is nothing left for her to do, so she steps back. Hiram starts loading his gun and mumbles his last words to her, "It feels nice dying for my daughter." A few seconds later, he shot the gun right through his head.

Veronica did not cry. She just stares at his father's body, speechless. It still has not sunken to her that her father just died. Not to mention, because of protecting her. Then she notices a small envelope that falls on his father's pocket. She gets it and opens the envelope. When she sees a letter inside, she decides to read it immediately.

 When she sees a letter inside, she decides to read it immediately