Chapter Five

After everything with Hiram, Veronica is able to get some sleep peacefully. She may be sad that her dad is gone, but she knows now that everything will be fine—for now. After gaining some energy, she goes back to the hospital to visit Betty this time.

She sits beside her, holds her hand, and tells everything her heart says.

"Hey, B, I uh, don't know where to start... I just know that I miss you so much. You have no idea how much I've dreamt of our friendship to come back everyday of my life since we split apart, because with you, I'm the best version of myself—I'm not this material girl I used to be, and instead, a matured, caring, wholesome, person. And you know, my life was shackled when I lost you. I completely lost that best version of myself. Not only that, but I've also lost all my hopes and dreams I had. Did you know that you were the first person I've thought of to rant and cry about when I found out that I got knocked up? You were also the one I wanted to be Aria's godmother. And that's because I've never trusted and loved anyone in my life more than I did to you. At some point, I got really devastated that I wasn't able to do those with you," she starts crying.

But not long after, she then wipes her tears and says, "You know who brought Joy back? My daughter. Yeah, I have a daughter. Can you imagine that? Because I didn't. I don't know about you but being a mom is certainly not in my nature... or at least, "was." Because how couldn't I be with such an adorable, beautiful , perfect child? I'm sure that you guys will get along because she's also a freaking nerd like you. Perhaps she became like you because of the hundreds of stories I keep on telling her every night about some B and V sleuthing adventures we did back in the day."

She breathes deeply and says her main agenda, "You see, even how strong and much of a survivor my daughter is with just the two of us in life, or three if you will consider that manipulative son of a bitch, I know deep inside that she needs his father. There will always be a void and unknown sadness in her heart without him. I know it and I can see it. So please, Betty, give me back my Archie. I know that you two just got back together, but I don't think my daughter could live without him. Well, not only her, but so do I. The idea of us moving in together, growing in it, is nothing but my dream ever since. In fact, I was about to tell him the truth about Aria the night I cooked dinner for all of us in his house to show that the 'growing' part was already fulfilled. But I just thought that perhaps I wasn't ready yet, and maybe so is my daughter. However, I've realized that Archie won't be lying around there, waiting for me forever, so if I really want him, I should fight for him now or I may lose him forever. So here, I am now, B, I'm begging you. I know that I sound so desperate and irrational, but that's what happens when you love someone, right? I just can't imagine Archie walking down the aisle after he wakes up and the bride isn't me."

"Oh, my gosh. Veronica, that is a very... serious... confession. Okay, get over it. Bring it in," a ginger-haired opens her arms for a hug.

"Cheryl? What the hell are you doing here?" Veronica asks, annoyed and worried that Cheryl might have heard her secret.

"Why? Can't I visit my cousin... and comfort my friend in times of her needs?"

"First of all, I'm here to visit first. You can't just budge in here because I'm having my moment with Betty. Second, I'm not "in times of need."

"Is that so? That's not what I heard."

"Enlighten me, what did you hear?"

"Everything."

"Well, the only help I need is for you to keep your mouth shut about everything you heard. The last thing I want right now is to be the talk of the town," she says, leaving the room.

But Cheryl is able to grip her hand on-time before she steps outside, saying, "Veronica, I really want to help, in any way. Your secret's safe with me."

"There's nothing you can do, okay? There's nothing we can do. It's too late to be a little family."

"But"- Cheryl's word has been cut off when the nurse rushingly enters the room.

"Ms. Gekko, Mr. Andrews is awake."

A/N: Hey, thanks for reading my story! Please comment what you think about the next part, it would mean the world to me xoxo😚😚